• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would Chud be a better OC?

redbuddha

If we had drafted Luck rather than Cam?

I am not a Cam hater, but the excuse I keep hearing about Chud is that his adoption of the read offense/spread Cam was featured in while at Auburn, is the reason this offense is suffering know.

Since Luck came from a traditional pro style offense, Chud would not have needed to make any changes to his playcalling style.

Do you think this would have lead to the Panthers having a better record?

Do you think this would have lead to Chud not calling plays where the qb is a wide receiver/decoy?

Was Chud's history as an OC that great that his integrity can't be questioned?

While I do think Cam being a totally different type of QB from what he is use to may have had an impact in year one, especially with the lockout reducing the time they had to work together, at this point it should not be an issue. He had a whole season followed by a whole offseason to figure things out for this year and the beginning of the season was a disaster.

Chud was a OC with the Browns for 2 years, I believe he was replaced during his second year after the HC was fired.

Chud had one of the best offenses last year, this year teams had tape and were able to shut us down, I believe a lot factored into it. The offensive line was not up to par, missing what Shockey brought to the table, Louis Murphy learning a new system and teams adjusting to what we do on offense.

Year 3, Chud better bring it. Offensive line will be better with Kalil back and Amini with a year under his belt. Chud was able to get the offense going for the second half of the season, compared to the 1st half of the season. I really believe teams had tape on us and were able to adjust better to what we did, I also believe that the offense line was at fault for the reason we were struggling on offense. Chud is still a fairly new Play caller, 4 years of play-calling and game planning. And in one of those years he was replaced during the season.

I believe Chud will learn from his mistakes and improve as the offense progresses and we will be a better offensive team next year.

Chud tried his little heart out to fix something that was not broken. I'm not convinced he won't pull the same garbage next season. Even when the offense started clicking this year, he still would set Cam out at WR every now and then for the wildcat, which would result in at best a 1 yard run for Deangelo.

If we had drafted Luck rather than Cam?

I am not a Cam hater, but the excuse I keep hearing about Chud is that his adoption of the read offense/spread Cam was featured in while at Auburn, is the reason this offense is suffering know.

Since Luck came from a traditional pro style offense, Chud would not have needed to make any changes to his playcalling style.

Do you think this would have lead to the Panthers having a better record?

Do you think this would have lead to Chud not calling plays where the qb is a wide receiver/decoy?

Was Chud's history as an OC that great that his integrity can't be questioned?

Chud's resume shows an inconsistent coach....it is what he is.

Archived