• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Read option

toldozer

Let's not overreact every time we watch a football game. The reality is the Green Bay Packers Defense played the read option as poorly as humanly possible. Combine that with a stellar HEALTHY offensive line and they looked way better than they actually are. The reality is closer to what the Panthers run but Kaep is more of a home run guy and Cam is more physical.

Read option is not the problem. Its Cam running the read option. He is a good second slower making the decision than Cap, Wilson and Bob. He lets the defense develop too much. Hand run or drop back and throw. Not stick it in the rb's belly for a good second where both he and you come to a stand still. I dont want Cam running it unless he speeds up his decision making. Its not his strong suit.

It's clearly Chud and Rivera's fault. Our read option requires Cam to stay back there and hold hands with our rbs.

Read option is not the problem. Its Cam running the read option. He is a good second slower making the decision than Cap, Wilson and Bob. He lets the defense develop too much. Hand run or drop back and throw. Not stick it in the rb's belly for a good second where both he and you come to a stand still. I dont want Cam running it unless he speeds up his decision making. Its not his strong suit.

You're actually spot on OP... Don't worry about the morons who tried to blast you for speaking the truth.

The only thing that I would add to your post, is the fact that Cam is slower than all of the mentioned QB's. maybe not top end speed but his acceleration/explosiveness isn't the same as the aforementioned players, which does indeed matter when running the read option. But he's also Bigger/Faster/and stronger.

i agree. but not saying cam cant run it or he wouldnt have pu tup big numbers////duh

but it will get figured out just like the wild cat...i rather newton watch tape on marino and become s drop back passer who runs only when he has too or to extend the play.

and you are not going to last as a qb taking shots all season long like that....so yeah i agree with bl just in a diff way.

see ya scrubs.WOLFPACK signing out...lol :sleep:

The read option is supposed to be administered in doses. Not all the time. That's what the problem is. Look at the SF game. They didn't use it as a base. Look at the Redskins game. Even thought they lose. Both were examples. Chud is-was, the problem with the read option.

The next coordinator better see this. If he doesn't we're in for a lot of grief next year.

Archived