• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One of our RB's and what for Darrelle Revis?

SIGCHI222

While I would theoretically be OK with it, I'm not that sold yet. As stated by another poster, that knee. I want a guarantee on that. Then, we are in cap trouble. We need to dump some weight there somehow. Honestly, I'd feel better with any FAs we DO get, have them be role players, not game changers. We can't afford those right now. And once Cam has to resign, that's a LOT of money right there that will be gone. We have to think long-term. We need enough to get by in positions of need. I wish we had the luxury of signing big time FAs, but we simply don't.

Wow. You really enjoy yelling at me for some reason. We have been here countless times before.

I am well aware of the cap situation. Never heard of a franchise that shut down because of cap issues.

So according to you, we should just put locks on the front gates and hope in 2014 we are under the cap?

Somebody should tel the team down at the Senior Bowl it's time to wrap it up and come home, right?

No. I'm saying even AFTER we trade and restructure we still won't have much breathing room, we still have to think about our FUTURE cap situation as it will only get worse, Cam's contract renewal is also coming up. We are in NO shape to take a contract more than 30 million dollars, it just isn't feasible.

Wow. You really enjoy yelling at me for some reason. We have been here countless times before.

I am well aware of the cap situation. Never heard of a franchise that shut down because of cap issues.

So according to you, we should just put locks on the front gates and hope in 2014 we are under the cap?

Somebody should tel the team down at the Senior Bowl it's time to wrap it up and come home, right?

Well there is a whole 'nother thread all about Revis in trade talks on the FRONT PAGE OF THREADS. Just because you wanted to add your idea of how we should go after him doesn't mean you should start your own thread on it. Join the discussion already in progress.

No. I'm saying even AFTER we trade and restructure we still won't have much breathing room, we still have to think about our FUTURE cap situation as it will only get worse, Cam's contract renewal is also coming up. We are in NO shape to take a contract more than 30 million dollars, it just isn't feasible.

Not only is Cam's contract coming up... So is the Kraken's

Monsta, do you think we keep both DLo and Stew? Just asking.

I honestly have no idea. It's hard for me to imagine us keeping Williams and trading Stew, and it does us no good financially to trade or cut Williams, so I don't know. Maybe Gettleman will want to cut a bunch of contracts now and take the hit immediately so we can start to rebuild. For the time being though, it seems like we'll have both.

I'm not trying to ridicule you, I simply see no scenario where us getting Revis helps. He is a huge talent, but he has held out for more money on like two or three occassions already. If we traded for him and somehow paid him (A BIG IF), then if he played well he would want to go somewhere after the season where he can get paid. If he plays poorly, we traded god knows what draft pick for him, which also sucks.

I just can't fathom a realistic scenario where we trade for Revis, he plays up to expectations, and then stays here on a reasonable salary afterward. Mind you when he is due an extension, it will be at the same time that Cam will be getting a pay raise from like $5MM/year up to $15MM/year or more. Greg Hardy will also be getting a bump from about $750K to $9-10MM/year. That's a couple of huge contract jumps right there. Granted Gamble would be off the books at that point, and maybe likely Gross too, but I still just don't see it happening.

Let's be realistic here and talk about guys like Antoine Cason, Sean Smith (possibly if not Franchised), DRC, Grimes, Mike Jenkins, McKelvin, etc

Honestly some of those names are unrealistic... Our cap space is fuggin terrible, I don't think we could land DRC, Grimes, or Jenkins because they have too much "name value" and would request more money.

Honestly some of those names are unrealistic... Our cap space is fuggin terrible, I don't think we could land DRC, Grimes, or Jenkins because they have too much "name value" and would request more money.

1yr contract. I'm tellin you vets doesnt get the money they once used to get. Carlos Rogers, if I'm correct played on 1yr contract the last two seasons

Archived