• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Flacco "Cold Weather Superbowl is Retarded"

chknwing

Definitely not the most PC way to say it, but I agree with his sentiments. I think the Super Bowl should be viewed as a reward for the players and fans, and should be played in nicer climates where fans can vacation and enjoy everything. Who the hell wants to go to New Jersey in February?

I heard that on the News this morning. The folks didn't take to well to his comments, especially since he's from NJ. One of the News guy went off on him. They saw it more as him sticking his middle finger up at his home state because for the most part NJ would be where the SB would be held, Not so much NY. Taking away revenue from his own state, would garner that reaction.

I think the Superbowl needs to get onto some sort of rotation that could involve every NFL Team. 10 times in New Orleans and zero times in far too many cities is all a bunch of crap in my opinion. I realize the yuppity yups that don't know a damn thing about the game and probably can't name more than three players on each team don't want to sit in the cold, snow or rain, but screw them. It's a fall and winter sport...the elements are part of the game.

and ya, I know all about the hotel room rule too...but there's always ways around that and tell me of an NFL city that doesn't have more hotels within a reasonable distance??

Definitely not the most PC way to say it, but I agree with his sentiments. I think the Super Bowl should be viewed as a reward for the players and fans, and should be played in nicer climates where fans can vacation and enjoy everything. Who the hell wants to go to New Jersey in February?

Anyone who want to watch their team in the Super Bowl.

Bunch of warm-weather-lovin ninnies in this thread.

isn't that what the probowl is for?

No it isn't.

How many players from SB teams play in the pro bowl?

How many fans of SB teams go to the pro bowl? As a matter of fact, they were talking about how many fans DIDN'T go to the pro bowl....

The pro bowl is irrelevant.

Archived