• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else remembers...

Mr. Scot

Yeah, I remember the energy in Charlotte surrounding the Panthers at the time, miss those days.

I watched every minute of SB week coverage like a junkie, thought about what an incredible party it would be in this town when we won.

Forgot about the Letterman thing, what a d-bag.

true!

I remember...different Super Bowl obviously, but yes...like a kid on Christmas morning.

and sorry, no offence, but I too remember the NFC Conference Championship game much better and like to watch that from time to time

I can remember watching that Eagles championship game on TV and not being able to sit down at all ... pacing back and forth, nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. When we won, I was elated and stunned and couldn't stop saying, "We're going to the Super Bowl! We're going to the Super Bowl! Oh, my god, we're going to the Super Bowl!"

I immediately started making plans for the most awesome Super Bowl party ever at my house, because I just knew I couldn't afford to go to the Super Bowl, especially with ticket prices what they would be. But before the next morning, I had decided come hell or high water, I was going. We were lucky enough to get face-value tickets ($800 each) and booked our travel with Broach Sports Tours, and we were on our way.

It was a great experience - of course, bringing home a win would have been much better, but it was the best time we could have had without bringing home that win.

Don't know if I would be physically able, but I definitely would try to make it to the game the next time we're there ... and I believe it will be sooner rather than later.

I remember after the NFC Championship Game...I was 16, and my dad drove me, my 15 year old brother and my 14 year old cousin to the stadium when the team flight landed back in Charlotte. It was so cold and loud...everyone in the city was honking and yelling all night. When the team arrived there were what had to be several thousand people in front of the stadium.

Archived