• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everything you need to know about our cap, potential cuts and free agents.

panther4life

Yeah, except for arguably the second most important and crucial coaching spot on the team. That has been downgraded a good deal. Winning!

Chud sucked. Shula sucks. Not exactly a downgrade.

Chud is Mike Shanahan. A bad OC who lucked into a freak QB....nothing more.

Chud sucked. Shula sucks. Not exactly a downgrade.

Chud is Mike Shanahan. A bad OC who lucked into a freak QB....nothing more.

Shanahan got Jake Plummer and Brian Griese to Pro-bowls. I think most people would consider him prettay, prettay, good. Hell, Chud won 10 games with Derek Anderson. Both those guys are pretty good if inconsistent sometimes.

So with a new GM in place, does it look like it'll only take a couple of offseasons to be rid of most of these horrible Hurney contracts? Seems like if we go with your suggestions, we'll be in decent cap shape by the time we need to pay Cam and Hardy. Does that seem accurate?

I still don't know why we paid Beason BEFORE that injury was worked out.

Because JR was hell bent on showing everybody that he wasn't cheap. That spending spree was caused by butt-hurt after constantly hearing how cheap he was in 2010 and during the lockout. He said as much in Spartanburg at training camp. He said, and I quote loosely, "they aren't callin' me cheap now." Well, we are paying for those bad decisions today.

Shanahan got Jake Plummer and Brian Griese to Pro-bowls. I think most people would consider him prettay, prettay, good. Hell, Chud won 10 games with Derek Anderson. Both those guys are pretty good if inconsistent sometimes.

Oops.

Kyle not Mike. I was talking about the son OC praised this year as a mad scientist. He sucks....just like Chud.

Oops.

Kyle not Mike. I was talking about the son OC praised this year as a mad scientist. He sucks....just like Chud.

Ah, alright. I thought you were calling Mike a chump which is pretty unfair because he's a lot of things: a jerk, a bully, the same color as Fanta, and possibly a communist.

But he's a pretty good offensive mind. I think Chud is pretty good, but understand the frustration.

But he's a pretty good offensive mind. I think Chud is pretty good, but understand the frustration.

I think to a large degree, knowing when to run vs pass and situational playcalling makes an OC great. A lot of the rest comes down to simply having the talent and them executing.

Chud is horrible at situational playcalling.....he was greatly aided IMO by Cam. Chud recycled a lot of Norv's trickplays that where given to him by Norv's son. That sportscenter junk overhyped him IMO. Chud was a trainwreck to start both 2011 and 2012...and was poo his last year in Clev.

Which is why I am not as hard on Shula yet....he has never had talent. Lots of great coaches have sucked when they had no talent.

So how much would we save this season if Beason is a June 1st cut?

Seen different answers, but I'll take my stab at it.

$20,000,00 SB (6 yr contract, but 5 yr max spread) = $4,000,00 per year cap hit x 3 years left = $12,000,000 yet to go / 2 (if June 1) = $6,000,000 per year.

$6,000,000 + $3,750,000 (paid in 2013 guaranteed) = $9,750,000 2013 cap hit.

$6,000,000 dead cap hit in 2014.

$9,750,000 vs $9,500,000 is worse.

So how much would we save this season if Beason is a June 1st cut?

Seen different answers, but I'll take my stab at it.

$20,000,00 SB (6 yr contract, but 5 yr max spread) = $4,000,00 per year cap hit x 3 years left = $12,000,000 yet to go / 2 (if June 1) = $6,000,000 per year.

$6,000,000 + $3,750,000 (paid in 2013 guaranteed) = $9,750,000 2013 cap hit.

$6,000,000 dead cap hit in 2014.

$9,750,000 vs $9,500,000 is worse.

The way I calculated it, which can be found in the OP is we would save 3.5 million in 13 as a June 1st cut. If we didn't want to carry over 6 mlllion dead money in 2014 then it would be a cap hit of 12 million all once. The 12 million is 2.5 more than the scheduled 9.5 million cap hit he accounts for this year. So basically save 3.5 this year as a June 1st cut or pay an additional 2.5 million than planned but we'd have no dead money in 14 for his contract.

So with a new GM in place, does it look like it'll only take a couple of offseasons to be rid of most of these horrible Hurney contracts? Seems like if we go with your suggestions, we'll be in decent cap shape by the time we need to pay Cam and Hardy. Does that seem accurate?

This is my best guess. Probably take two years to get out from under some of Hurney's stupidity.

Archived