• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

panther4life

Gettleman mentioned this along with pass rushers and big men as things he's looking for.

Here is every player who scored a TD on offense last year and how many they had.

Rushing TD's

Cam 8

Tolbert 7

Williams 5

Stewart 1

the 21 total rushing put us at 3rd in the league behind the skins and patriots.

Playoff teams had the following overall rankings in rushing TD's for the regular season.

1.Patriots

2.Redskins

4.Texans

6.Ravens

7.49ers

9.Seahawks

10.Vikings

13.Broncos

14.Falcons

18.Bengals

20.Colts

25.Packers

http://www.pro-footb...com/years/2012/

Receiving TD's

Greg Olsen 5

Steve Smith 4

Brandon Laefell 4

Deangeo Williams 2

Stewart,Murphy,Barnidge ad Pilares all had 1 a piece.

We ranked 21st in the league in passing TD'S. The league average was 23.7 passing TD's and we only had 19.

Heres where the playoff teams ranked overall.

2.Packers

3.Broncos

4.Patriots

5.Falcons

7.Bengals

8.Seahawks

13.Redskins

16.49ers

17.Colts

18.Texans

19.Ravens

25.Vikings

http://www.pro-footb...com/years/2012/

In 2011 we had the most rushing TD's in the league and finished 3rd this year thanks to Cam mostly.

Even with that being the case it was not enough to help us have a winning season or more importantly a playoff appearance.

Our passing TD's could definitely use a boost and its not going to come from Cam continuing to improve alone. Add in the fact that Steve Smith is not far from retirement and we have nobody who could step up as a decent starter if he gets injured.

This team has several positions that could use and in some cases require an upgrade for us to improve to a playoff level team. That being said WR needs to be addressed early in the draft and the sooner the better imo assuming a player Gettleman and crew deem worthy of using our 1st round selection on is available at 14.

This is just my preferred position to go in the first from a timing and value standpoint for our current and future roster. DT would be a close 2nd and then S, G, CB,and Offensive Tackle are how I rank our current needs via the draft. Of course we will have to supplement through free agency and the waiver wire just before teams cut down to 53.

yeah of course cam got to get better and he is. i love that his int went down by 7(he shouldnt had that many the first year...lot of tips)

i still think the oline is the biggest need. when you have a franchise qb you start by protecting him at all cost. cam is this whole offense and your gonna leave out there with a shaky oline so he can get hurt...lol

but i agree the panthers need some deep threats and playmakers at the wr position. i would draft them 2nd.

good write up.

the question will come up, what games did we lose because of our WRs and to that i would say any game in which we had drives stall out because we couldn't move the ball down the field and into the endzone.

cam just didn't have enough solid weapons to throw to.

the question will come up, what games did we lose because of our WRs and to that i would say any game in which we had drives stall out because we couldn't move the ball down the field and into the endzone.

cam just didn't have enough solid weapons to throw to.

Wow I would love to see film evidence of that theory.

Archived