• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My new toy.... :)

Hotsauce

811035.jpg

S&W M&P 15-22 (Flat Dark Earth color)

If you follow guns, ARs inventories have pretty much been wiped out both in gun shops and online. I have always wanted one, and stumbled across one yesterday! Had to buy it, justifying it to the wife was another story! Lol.

I wanted the .22 cal because the ammo is cheap, and I wanted to have something fun to shoot, without spending a ton on ammo.

Anyone else have one? I can't wait to shoot it!

don't wanna get into the political crap that goes with guns and all that...

but why? and what will you do with it now that you have it? serious question

Why buy a Harley Davidson?

Why buy a Mustang Cobra, when a Toyota Tercel works just fine?

Why buy a 300 horsepower 25 foot boat when a jon boat will float just the same?

Why buy an iPhone when the old flip phone does the same job?

Honestly I purchased mine because my buddy accidentally ordered two "uppers" for his AR and asked if I could help him out as he didn't have the cash to cover both and couldn't send it back.

My friend uses mine to shoot coyote's to keep them from nabbing his cows when they are young. Sure he could use a .308, but it's more expensive to shoot, is not as accurate, and is heavier.

don't wanna get into the political crap that goes with guns and all that...

but why? and what will you do with it now that you have it? serious question

Fair question. I answered this question just last night we had a few people over. One was a couple from Cali, they are those typical granola eating Cali folk, who might I add have never seen an assault rifle in person.

For me, the answer is simple. I like to shoot guns. The M&P 15 series is maybe one of the funniest guns there is to shoot. It's a great "toy" to take into the woods and shoot targets, cans, etc... Shooting is a hobby, shooting is a sport, shooting is a great activity to do with friends, and shooting is a great way to blow off steam.

Shooting is a sport. You need a gun and bullets to be able to play the sport. The same as you need you need a tennis racket and ball to play tennis. I plan to use it in many different places like shooting ranges and when I goto my parents house they have a bunch of land. I plan to teach my daughter how to shoot with it when she gets older.

I'm not a survivalist, I'm not an anti government lunatic, I'm not an asshole. I am a 30 yr old guy with a career, a house payment, and a dog. Guns don't kill people, people with mustaches do.

Also, I bought a .22. Here is a chart showing what a .22 looks like, compared to all other caliber rounds. Notice the .22 is the smallest round possible, it's the furthest bullet on the left. A .22 is made for shooting targets and small vermin. It would be very hard to kill a person, unless you shoot them a bunch of times.

Link to chart:

bulletcalibercomparison.jpg

bulletcalibercomparison.jpg

Why buy a Harley Davidson?

Why buy a Mustang Cobra, when a Toyota Tercel works just fine?

Why buy a 300 horsepower 25 foot boat when a jon boat will float just the same?

Why buy an iPhone when the old flip phone does the same job?

Honestly I purchased mine because my buddy accidentally ordered two "uppers" for his AR and asked if I could help him out as he didn't have the cash to cover both and couldn't send it back.

My friend uses mine to shoot coyote's to keep them from nabbing his cows when they are young. Sure he could use a .308, but it's more expensive to shoot, is not as accurate, and is heavier.

So basically "cause I'm and American dammit!"

Lol

Some people that buy guns are normal and reliable human beings. Others not so much. The only trouble is it can be difficult to identify who is who.

The NRA is trying to push the blame onto mentally ill people. But even within the mentally ill community it's only the smallest % of people that ever use a firearm to commit a crime. Many of the people that commit the mass shootings are never diagnosed or treated either.

The only difference between an AR and a 30/30 is caliber and aesthetics. At the end of the day they both shoot bullets accurately at long distances. One is considered an assault rifle, the other a hunting weapon. They both can kill people in the wrong hands. I don't see a problem with a responsible party owning either of them.

Archived