• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

ive only be able to play the raid once. I got to the maze before the hackers shut down the servers a couple weeks back.

i heard they are going to add raids to the match making so that if you dont have 5 others frienda on you can still fill the team up.

That being said if anyone needs help raiding hit me up.

tag: compton535

ive got both sub classes maxed out with my titan

So, I'm starting to worry about longevity. This game is fun, but it's noticeably worse (for me) if I don't have a friend on to play with. Playing this game in the quiet is not as fun (since when you get thrown into match making with strangers on strikes, they never have their mic, which makes communication and strategy impossible). I'd rather play madden if I'm playing alone. Or beating Last of Us again.

Hopefully the story DLC they release will be good. I'm still enjoying the grinding and some of the strikes. Some are getting a little repetitive, just because the strike playlists seem to run in the same order over and over again. The daily and weekly heroic stuff offers something a bit more, so that's good. I like the limited events, like the queen's wrath and now the iron banner. I just don't want to be sitting in January/February wondering when something more is going to be coming our way with this game. My thoughts were this game was going to fill ALL my gaming time, and I find myself playing madden more and more lately. 

So, I'm starting to worry about longevity. This game is fun, but it's noticeably worse (for me) if I don't have a friend on to play with. Playing this game in the quiet is not as fun (since when you get thrown into match making with strangers on strikes, they never have their mic, which makes communication and strategy impossible). I'd rather play madden if I'm playing alone. Or beating Last of Us again.

Hopefully the story DLC they release will be good. I'm still enjoying the grinding and some of the strikes. Some are getting a little repetitive, just because the strike playlists seem to run in the same order over and over again. The daily and weekly heroic stuff offers something a bit more, so that's good. I like the limited events, like the queen's wrath and now the iron banner. I just don't want to be sitting in January/February wondering when something more is going to be coming our way with this game. My thoughts were this game was going to fill ALL my gaming time, and I find myself playing madden more and more lately.

Oddly you can only voice chat with people in your fireteam. People on strikes that are grouped with you doesn't count as someone who joins your fireteam. So they could have their mic on, you just wouldn't know it.

I'm not personally worried...I've been to busy with work and finishing the campaign to even get started on strikes....LOL =)  I'm a new 20!

Looking at the content, they need to add 2-3 new strikes every few months honestly.  The "story" missions are all kind of the same, but the strikes are where the more interesting things happen.  I feel like if Destiny had 3 more different style strikes, then it would be a lot better.

Say instead of simply attacking boss mobs, how about we have to go somewhere and defend a point from waves of enemies, and each time the enemies damage the defense point to a certain degree, we get debuffed, or new challenges pop up.

We'll get one new "expansion" in December, which will give another raid and another strike or two.  That aught to help a little bit.  I think most players would like to see the story addressed better.  It would be nice if the story for the expansion was at least logical and coherent.  I don't expect the main story to ever be over hauled unfortunately...

So fun story, I ran my first strike today! Was a rando group for the winters lair on Venus and from the strike list. One dude dropped after the initial lair, so the 2nd guy and I tried to do the rest. He had to rez me a bunch alas! I was running as a defender but my fly leveled.

We got to the boss, which was us trading aggro and taking adds as we could. We got the boss down to 30% but we just got over run. But it was a lot of fun!

Hopefully I can finish one soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived