• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

Grinding and bounty hunting finally paid off. Got two legendary pieces of armor (one for another class, but I was going to make a hunter eventually anyway).

Getting those from the cryptarch was the single most rewarding aspect of this game for me so far. And now that I have them, I have a better understanding of why you have to go collect the materials on each planet that are scattered everywhere: to upgrade the legendary gear. I was getting worried about the longevity of this game for me personally, and in a single hour I got those pieces of armor, a sweet new shader, and unlocked another weekly strike (unlocked at level 24, but you can't play it until you've upgraded your armor past where mine is, which is all rares and one legendary that comes out at just under 1000 defense and 24).

So, I am pretty stoked. It was a pretty awesome little high I got on once I got that legendary piece. Now I feel good about trying the Queen's Wrath stuff and even better than I already did about Crucible (I've been doing decent as it is, but stronger armor = less dying, hopefully. Finally break 2.0 k/d).

Anybody else hitting any milestones/find anything out about the game?

when i hit level 20 i shot up to 26 pretty much instantly. did the vault of glass and shot up to 28. the only way for me to progress further is to farm materials and clear VoG hard mode. which i probably won't do because it's boring as fug.

i will say vault of glass was the only fun and challenging part of the game. so if you haven't reached it yet, i would say it's worth it to get that far.

when i hit level 20 i shot up to 26 pretty much instantly. did the vault of glass and shot up to 28. the only way for me to progress further is to farm materials and clear VoG hard mode. which i probably won't do because it's boring as fug.

i will say vault of glass was the only fun and challenging part of the game. so if you haven't reached it yet, i would say it's worth it to get that far.

You must have gotten insanely lucky with drops then, or you have a LOT more free time to play than I did, because I'm still level 24 and can't get better light armor to save my life.

You must have gotten insanely lucky with drops then, or you have a LOT more free time to play than I did, because I'm still level 24 and can't get better light armor to save my life.

i'm a warlock so i bought those exotic gloves xur is always selling.

i found a legendary helmet and chest piece from blue engrams.

i bought legendary boots from the vanguard merchant

i did a bunch of queens wrath missions and dismantled all that gear to get more shards for upgrades

i had to spend ~1 hr farming materials (relic iron, spirit bloom, w/e else there is) to upgrade my poo so i could reach 28.

bungie should have made the entire game like vault of glass. there are actual strategies you have to follow to succeed. it requires at least some form of teamwork + communication. all the strikes and story missions are purely about holding down the fire button and blowing poo away.

i'm a warlock so i bought those exotic gloves xur is always selling.

i found a legendary helmet and chest piece from blue engrams.

i bought legendary boots from the vanguard merchant

i did a bunch of queens wrath missions and dismantled all that gear to get more shards for upgrades

i had to spend ~1 hr farming materials (relic iron, spirit bloom, w/e else there is) to upgrade my poo so i could reach 28.

bungie should have made the entire game like vault of glass. there are actual strategies you have to follow to succeed. it requires at least some form of teamwork + communication. all the strikes and story missions are purely about holding down the fire button and blowing poo away.

I'm still not vanguard level 1 yet. And it took days of getting blue engrams before one turned into a legendary piece. I only did one queen's wrath and got another legendary helmet (kinda pissed me off, since i already had one and was hoping for a legendary gauntlets or something, but oh well).

Still, your luck has been better than mine. I'll have to do more queen's wrath.

I'm still not vanguard level 1 yet. And it took days of getting blue engrams before one turned into a legendary piece. I only did one queen's wrath and got another legendary helmet (kinda pissed me off, since i already had one and was hoping for a legendary gauntlets or something, but oh well).

Still, your luck has been better than mine. I'll have to do more queen's wrath.

you can no longer get ascendant material from queens wrath legendary gear anymore. they nerfed it.

i always had vanguard bounties with me when i played through the campaign. i was close to rank 2 vanguard when i finished the game.

For shards. Public events on the planets award you with shards. Daily Strike mission on 26 and lvl 28 reward them. Nightfall strike can reward it. Weekly strike can reward them. VOG you will get a butt ton of them. Dismantling legendary gear also gives them other then the Queen's stuff.

Also save up those strange coins and get you a exotic piece of armor as well as your mote's of light and get a exotic engram. Did I miss anything?

So far I think the game is pretty boring. Can't wait til Borderlands 3 comes out.

You're not alone in that sentiment.  I'm still 18 because i have no time to play, but I still enjoy it even through the story is pathetic and the missions are repetitive.

I love going through areas and finding new ways to attack groups of enemies.  I'm learning the various weapons like the scout rifle (which I never used).  One of these days I'll hit up the Crucible...and one day Strikes! LOL

For folks that power game for hours on end, then it's going to get extremely boring and repetitive unless your friends are really funny.  This game should be played with friends.  I look forward to doing heroic missions with fireteams for no reason other than to push as hard as we can.

Also, for me, the melee attacks really make the game for me =)  I love punching enemies in the face =)  And mowing down the hive with an auto rifle or pulse rifle is very rewarding.  As is a good missile shot...

Yeah, it's not a game for everyone, but for "sheep" like me, it's a blast =)

Oh, and I look forward to Borderlands as well =)  I enjoyed 2, didn't play the first.  I love the humor, and that it doesn't take itself seriously (cough cough Bungie!).

You're not alone in that sentiment.  I'm still 18 because i have no time to play, but I still enjoy it even through the story is pathetic and the missions are repetitive.

I love going through areas and finding new ways to attack groups of enemies.  I'm learning the various weapons like the scout rifle (which I never used).  One of these days I'll hit up the Crucible...and one day Strikes! LOL

For folks that power game for hours on end, then it's going to get extremely boring and repetitive unless your friends are really funny.  This game should be played with friends.  I look forward to doing heroic missions with fireteams for no reason other than to push as hard as we can.

Also, for me, the melee attacks really make the game for me =)  I love punching enemies in the face =)  And mowing down the hive with an auto rifle or pulse rifle is very rewarding.  As is a good missile shot...

Yeah, it's not a game for everyone, but for "sheep" like me, it's a blast =)

Oh, and I look forward to Borderlands as well =)  I enjoyed 2, didn't play the first.  I love the humor, and that it doesn't take itself seriously (cough cough Bungie!).

You would likely enjoy playing through 1. It was awesome. 

Archived