• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes to trade for a veteran D-Man

CarolinaPanthers8789

Word out is that Carolina will be trading for a veteran d-man in the next few days because after Thursday's game, Ryan Murphy has to go back down to Kitchener.

Let the speculation begin...

Liles, White, Whitney, Komisarek, Tallinder, Gunnarsson, Niskanen, O'Byrne, Giordano, Regher, Hamrlik, Tyutin, Leopold, or Volchenkov, or Aucoin are all possibilities.

I actually think Nisky is a real possibility. My buddy is a Pens fan (from Pittsburgh, not just a bandwagon fan lol), and he and I talk about the Pens trading one or two of the d-men all the time. He thinks Niskanen or Bortuzzo are the two most likely to go. Niskanen would be a nice fit, and would be a BIG help to us.

Who all do we get back after Thursday? Are Pitkanen and Gleason both back? That'd be ideal. We need some solidarity at the position. Having 3 of your starting 6 hurt is never good.

No one knows what we are giving up yet because the guy that tweeted it didn't say what type of guy we're looking for. Just a vet depth (6th liner), top four guy, or a number one.

Gleason is likely to be back after today but Pitkanen and McBain are still a week plus away from returning.

The goal of this trade is probably to get a vet depth player that we can pair with Sanguinett.

Right now we have Faulk, Harrison, Corvo, Sanguinetti, Murphy, and Jordan...

By Friday, we should have Gleason, Faulk, Harrison, Corvo, Sanguinetti, vet D-Man.

Murphy back to Kitchener and Jordan back to Charlotte.

don't mean to hijack the thread but i thought you guys would like to see this...

#Canes head coach Kirk Muller confirms Jeff Skinner, Tim Brent, Tim Gleason and Jamie McBain back in the lineup tonight vs. #Pens.

AWWWWW YEAH! Apparently Pitkanen is close to returning also.

Archived