• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have to venture to Asheville this weekend and I don't have time to do my best Cartman impersonation. Need to kill some time and looking for ideas for things to do that are reasonable for adults and kids (so the Biltmore is out, that'd bore them to death). In another life I went up there a lot but that's been nearly 10 years and I assume a lot has changed. Any new, cool places to eat are also welcome.

I won't delete you if you give good advice,

Mgmt.

don't know any new names to eat downtown but one place there recently won a national award and tons of my friends kids are now going to UNCA.

it's on so many peoples radar's now.

man if i find that place i will post later. i read about it not even a week ago and was even going to bookmark to check out when we go up in Oct.

We have to venture to Asheville this weekend and I don't have time to do my best Cartman impersonation. Need to kill some time and looking for ideas for things to do that are reasonable for adults and kids (so the Biltmore is out, that'd bore them to death). In another life I went up there a lot but that's been nearly 10 years and I assume a lot has changed. Any new, cool places to eat are also welcome.

I won't delete you if you give good advice,

Mgmt.

You need to check out Salsa's. http://www.salsasnc.com/

It's a small carribean/puerto rican place downtown. It's the kid of place you wait in line for if you don't get there early.

Super cool environment, and seriously some of the best food and drinks. Kinda a boring/misleading name, but I promise it will not disappoint!

I don't know much about Asheville but I do know that Sunny Point Cafe is where you need to eat breakfast. Try the huevos rancheros, super dank. Get their early and expect a wait, but there is endless coffee while you wait so it's not bad.

http://www.sunnypointcafe.com/menus.html

Try Tupelo Honey Cafe...you will not regret it...amazing food. Kind of pricey but amazingly good. There is a bar/arcade called Asheville Arcade....really cool place...but don't know if they have early hours for kids/parents, I would call. Honestly just walk around and enjoy. Love Asheville, sure theres a lot of hippies but very cool underrated place.

Try Tupelo Honey Cafe...you will not regret it...amazing food. Kind of pricey but amazingly good. There is a bar/arcade called Asheville Arcade....really cool place...but don't know if they have early hours for kids/parents, I would call. Honestly just walk around and enjoy. Love Asheville, sure theres a lot of hippies but very cool underrated place.

That's what we did 2 years ago with 2 boys. Just parked and walked around the town. Plenty of cool shops ans street vendors and restaurants. I don't recall anything specifically kid friendly but they seemed to enjoy it

Archived