• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

Cam2Ligit2Quit

Say what you want about Ginn, but he's one of the fastest men in the NFL right now. He has a gear that many #1 WRs in the NFL only dream of - and that's saying alot. You have to account for him. CBs can not run with him. If you don't have help over the top, you're playing with fire.

How are we going to make him something different as a WR than he has been the last few years?

I'd love to see it but I haven't seen the evidence.

You assume that if Getts drafts Austin, he'll want him returning kicks and punts full-time. That may not be the case since his frame is smaller than Smitty's.

I assume they would try every option they can to get the ball in his hands in the open field. No better way then PR/KR.

Drops caused by bad throws.

Bad routes my ass.

Whatever dude you can't keep blaming everybody else for you not living up to your potential. He has to shoulder some of the blame.

He has never been a good route runner depending on his speed more then technique. And his hands were always suspect.

Every player we signed has been a starter at some point.

I find it difficult to believe you can actually blirt out its Rivera and Cam against the world? Evidently, with the tone you've set, you feel they will suck this year. And it is all Gettlemen's fault. Is there any reason or evidence for this wild statement?

Or you just trolling? Trying to get a rise from someone over the excitement that we got Dwan back, and signed a few FA? Cuz, i guess we didn't do what you thought we should? Or do you have a plan that could work, and are frustrated you have no way to implement it?

I am just curious? Because that is one extemely prevocative statement. All ye Debbie Downers unite. Long live the negativity.

Jimmy Clausen was a starter at one point....we still haven't brought in a legit FA to help a hole. That isn't being Debbie Downer...just a realist.

And yes, odds are VERY VERY high Rivera is in a do or die season . Again, just realistic.

And NO, repeat NO...I don't think they will suck. Cam Newton has just needed a play in a few games from someone....and we could easily been a 10 win team every season. 3rd year....Cam takes even more on his back. Cam will be that good. I believe in Cam....and he will be unstoppable soon. Rivera will put the ball in his hands

Ron yes, Cam no

false.

New HCs bring in there own QBs within 1-3 years pending they aren't a Superbowl QB.

GM isn't going to hire a new school HC. He already said what he believes...Ron was forced on him for a year

How are we going to make him something different as a WR than he has been the last few years?

I'd love to see it but I haven't seen the evidence.

With different players around him. Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Cam Newton.

Steve Smith in 2010 was not the same WR. It was due to a weak cast of players around him. We thought he had lost a step, and maybe he did, but he's still one of the best in the NFL.

This will be Ginn's first opportunity to possibly play an extensive role in an offense that can chuck the ball all over the field. He didn't see that in Miami or early in SF.

3rd year....Cam takes even more on his back. Cam will be that good. I believe in Cam....and he will be unstoppable soon. Rivera will put the ball in his hands

I'd actually like to see Cam take a little less of the offense. Would love to see the running game (minus the QB) get going and open the offense up for Cam a little.

With different players around him. Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Cam Newton.

Steve Smith in 2010 was not the same WR. It was due to a weak cast of players around him. We thought he had lost a step, and maybe he did, but he's still one of the best in the NFL.

This will be Ginn's first opportunity to possibly play an extensive role in an offense that can chuck the ball all over the field. He didn't see that in Miami or early in SF.

Some of you really need to lower your expectation. Just be happy with the KR/PR part and if he does anything on offense it's gravy.

I'd actually like to see Cam take a little less of the offense. Would love to see the running game (minus the QB) get going and open the offense up for Cam a little.

We need to address the OL-the only weakness Gettlemen has not touched yet, but I agree.

Now we are going to compare his situation to Steve Smith really???

Just don't get your hopes up to high.

Koolkat, I don't think anyone believes Ginn is gonna come in and be gangbusters this year as a WR. Most still want a WR in the first 2 rounds. But the truth is the kid can flat out fly. And if you line Ginn outside one on one, any CB in the league will have a hard time keeping up with him. Not that Rivera will use him that way, but if he did, a DC would have to account for that.

But like you said, he'll improve the return game from day one. I'll take that any day.

Archived