• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Samuel Dalembert possibly traded to the CATS

It won't be our first rounder Brown is already set on either draftind DeJuan Blair or Gerald Henderson, if this rumor is true they will get the Bobcats earliest second rounder.

But if were drafting Dejuan Blair then why not swap 1st rounders? Dejuan Blair will be there at 17 and then we keep our two 2nd rounders for some potential talent?

But if were drafting Dejuan Blair then why not swap 1st rounders? Dejuan Blair will be there at 17 and then we keep our two 2nd rounders for some potential talent?

I actually agree with you there. Even though DeJuan Blair may not be their at 17 they could pick up Tyler Hansbrough at that pick and still get some good talent in the second round. However it may all depend on Steph Curry, right now the Knicks are targeting Jordan Hill above Stephen Curry with the 8th pick. Which means the Bobcats could pick him up at the 11th pick. Curry would still be there at the 11th because he is actually refusing to work out and possibly play for some teams. However is Steph Curry is drafted before the 11th pick I think the Bobcats will get on the phone with the Sixers as soon as the 11 pick hits the clock they will swap first rounders and Nazr Mohammed, and Vlad for Samuel Dalembert or Nazr Mohammed, Vlad, and a second rounder for Samuel Dalembert. They will swap firsts if the Bobcats want to pick up someone like Tyler Hansbrough, or they will keep their first if they really think Henderson, T-Will, or DeJuan Blair can come in and really make a difference. With that said here are some good prospects that the Bobcats should take a look at in the second round...

A.J. Abrams, Texas, SG- Would love to see A.J. and D.J. reunite, some compare his style of play to Bobby Jacksons.

Toney Douglas, FSU, SG- Guy is an amazing shooter averaging 22 ppg, and very impressive three point shooter. Some compare his game to Eddie House.

Ronald Steele, Alabama, PG- All around a good player, can come in and give you good minutes without losing much talent, would be a good point guard to back up Ray, and D.J. His game has been compared to Eric Snows in his prime.

Jack McClinton, Miami, SG- He is another sharp shooter, who can shoot lights out from the three point arc with a 3Pt% of 453, which is higher than his regular FG%. Many compare his game to Salim Stoudemire.

Rudy Mbema, Sweden, PG- don't really no much about him but his game is compared to Nate Robinson's and Kyle Lowry's.

Toney Gaffney, Massachusetts, PF- Can really bring energy to a team, and one of the best rebounders in the draft at 10.2 rpg along with 11.5 ppg. He averages numbers of 1.5 in all stat categories, so he can pretty much do everything. His game is often compared the Chris "The Birdman" Anderson's style of play. I personally would love to see this guy in a Bobcats uniform.

Omri Casspi, Israel, SF- Another player that I really don't know much about, but his style of play is compared to Matt Harping, which isn't a bad thing.

Jeff Adrien, Connecticut, PF- Averages a good amount of points and rebounds per game. He would be a good back up PF or possibly even a good SF at his 6-7 frame. His game is compared to Jason Maxiell's.

PER ROTOWORLD UPDATED

A recent trade rumor has the 76ers sending Samuel Dalembert and the #17 pick to the Bobcats for Vladimir Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammed and the #12 pick.

The 76ers are clearly willing to part with Dalembert, who has already asked for a trade and doesn't seem like a good fit in Eddie Jordan's offense. This move would give them marginally better draft position and secure more perimeter shooting, but it also means taking on two bad contracts and nearly $2 million more in salary.

PER ROTOWORLD UPDATED

A recent trade rumor has the 76ers sending Samuel Dalembert and the #17 pick to the Bobcats for Vladimir Radmanovic, Nazr Mohammed and the #12 pick.

The 76ers are clearly willing to part with Dalembert, who has already asked for a trade and doesn't seem like a good fit in Eddie Jordan's offense. This move would give them marginally better draft position and secure more perimeter shooting, but it also means taking on two bad contracts and nearly $2 million more in salary.

please let it be so.. goodbye Nazr

I'm really not sold on anyone near the top of this draft so trading our pick down or completely out wouldn't bother me. I think there are some value picks for LB's system later in the draft but I just think trading the pick down in order to get rid of Nazr's contract and obtain a difference maker like Dalembert who could really help us against Boston and Orlando really makes no difference.

The reason I like the swapping picks is, most mock's expect one of the three to be at 17. We could still get our guy at 17, plus getting rid of Nzar and Vlad would be great. It give us two 14 and 10 center's in the east, built around the guards and forwards we have we could easily win 45 + games.

Lineup would look like this.

Felton Augustine Singeltary

Bell (Henderson, Twill), Jefferson

Wallace, Martin, Diaw

Diaw, Ajinca, Howard

Okafor, Dal, Diop

Full 15 with Ajinca and Jefferson probably getting some good mins in Dleague.

That looks pretty good on paper if you ask me.

Archived