• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Do You Want the Panthers to Draft at 14th Overall?

With the 14th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select...  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want the Panthers to Draft at 14th Overall? (No trade down)

• Chance Warmack OG
    • Jonathan Cooper OG
    • Sheldon Richardson DT
    • Xavier Rhodes CB
    • Desmond Trufant CB
    • Tavon Austin WR
    • Cordarrelle Patterson WR
    • DeAndre Hopkins WR
    • Keenan Allen WR
    • Jonathan Cyprien S
    • Kenny Vaccaro S
    • DJ Fluker OT
    • Tyler Eifert TE
    • Barkevious Mingo DE
    • Datone Jones DE/DT
    • Jesse Williams DT
    • Sylvester Williams DT
    • Other (post below)

I can't say that I'm as torn over this pick as I have been the last two seasons. They got a home run with Cam, though the rest of that draft class was hot trash reminiscent of the latest couple of drafts under the old regime. Luke was a home run, and I like a lot of what I've seen in Silatolu. The weak links on the line are Byron Bell and Geoff Hangartner, so I would be okay with Chance Warmack or D.J. Fluker, though I'd prefer Warmack myself. I don't think that they'll be drafting o-line early though after Gettleman commented that OL, DL, and DB were deep this year.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Jonathan Cyprien, though I haven't looked much into him myself. I think Godfrey is better suited for FS as he seems to have this weird ability to have balls thrown to him? However if Vaccaro is truly the best safety then it would almost be criminal not to take him.

Of the WRs I would prefer Hopkins or Austin. I think Hopkins has the best hands out of all of the WRs and that's something that the team can use. I think that we could get away with Hopkins in the 2nd, . Also, drafting Austin would essentially eliminate the role that Armanti Edwards, Keaoloha Pilares, and Joe Adams were supposed to fill. I wonder if it would eliminate the need for Ginn Jr. as well if Austin ends up living up to the hype?

I don't think AE and Pilares are making the cuts. AE is the main picture of what a bust is and Pilares is pretty much done with the signing of Ginn. We didn't sign Ginn to return punts and split KR duty with Pilares.

Despite this being called the era of the QB, the foundation for winning is still based on the "Big Uglies" on the OL/DL. Our biggest need by far is the right side of the OL. If Warmack/Cooper is there @ 14 they will definitely be the BPA, but both will probably be gone. I believe Flucker will still be there and and will be the Day 1 starter at RT. He is huge at 6'5",339, with 36" arms and size 23 clown hoofs. In a couple of years, he may be able to move to the left side and take Jordon's place.

Despite this being called the era of the QB, the foundation for winning is still based on the "Big Uglies" on the OL/DL. Our biggest need by far is the right side of the OL. If Warmack/Cooper is there @ 14 they will definitely be the BPA, but both will probably be gone. I believe Flucker will still be there and and will be the Day 1 starter at RT. He is huge at 6'5",339, with 36" arms and size 23 clown hoofs. In a couple of years, he may be able to move to the left side and take Jordon's place.

As much as I agree with improving the lines, I don't think Fluker can play left tackle. I think he will even struggle at right tackle, can't play against quickness/speed which he'll see alot of in the nfl.

As much as I agree with improving the lines, I don't think Fluker can play left tackle. I think he will even struggle at right tackle, can't play against quickness/speed which he'll see alot of in the nfl.

I'd be pretty pissed if we take Fluker and it would take me till he proves to be worthy of the no.14 pick until I can live up to it. I think he's a very good OT (RT), but he's just not worthy that high. He'll struggle his rookie season like many others who are better than him in the past that struggled also. We're not able to take a player to groom for the future at no.14.

Archived