• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettis primed to emerge as top tier WR, per sources

JefDav84

Well, whatever Gettis is going to do, he has to show it this year. This is probably his last chance with the Panthers.

Yep. I hope this may light a fire under his ass.

Again....not expecting much, but he has the skill to make you hope that he puts it together.

I love Gettis, I think he is the only person on our roster to be a future #1. But I still think that we need to get Darick Rodgers if he's available in the 4th round.

I agree Gettis is the only one with the ceiling to be a premier #1. I'm really not sure Lafell can be close to what Moose was either.

Forgot that Moore was the starter most if the year. But, he is only a slight upgrade over Jimmy. Same premis though....one barely marginal and one bad QB throwing to him.

My point is that he did produce well in actual games....better than a OS player that everyone is infatuated with.

Moore is significantly better than Clausen. Moore is a NFL backup QB. Clausen shouldn't be in the league

Moore's resume proves he is much much better....here and in Miami.

LaFell did more with Clausen bc he is more well rounded than Gettis.

Maybe Gettleman thinks he's found his "Victor Cruz". I want to recall an interview where he mentioned that's panthers did NOT have a lot of holes to fill due to some great players already on the roster. That basically everyone from the outside looking in doesn't know diddly pooh on how to evaluate talent.

I believe him.

Agreed, that's why no one here has any marks on the draft board or are even known in the board rooms.

Maybe Gettleman thinks he's found his "Victor Cruz". I want to recall an interview where he mentioned that's panthers did NOT have a lot of holes to fill due to some great players already on the roster. That basically everyone from the outside looking in doesn't know diddly pooh on how to evaluate talent.

I believe him.

Before his injury, Gettis was talked about a lot on this forum and a lot of the same people putting him down now, were the ones praisi g him when we had Jimmy as QB. He gets hurt now everyone thinks he's a POS. God I live the loyalty on this forum.

I'd love to see Gettis come back strong this year, and prove every person who doubted him wrong. The reality is, though, that it's totally up to him to make the best of any chances he may get. This is, of course, provided that Ron-Ron lets him play this year, and that he truly is 110% in his recovery.

I have faith in the kid, but this is his year to produce or get shoved aside by some of the guys we brought in to compete.

Archived