• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

chknwing

I guess since you are a drafting guru which direction should we have gone your enlighten one? Please tell me with the picks that were available so we can document their progress as the season goes and don't take all day trying cram media draft boards to fins your way.

*Goes to the Super Bowl once and loses*

*Thinks championship roots are born*

The most disappointing thing I think is seeing other teams with young QB's make a concentrated efforts to take the next step with his development. It really almost as if Gettleman doesn't see him as the future which is utterly hilarious.

So we shouldn't have drafted Star? Because none of the receivers available when we picked in the second were very good.

I can't believe how many of you guys are acting like this is the end of our team. Seriously?! "Cam Newton is going to be released..." "Gettlemen doesn't believe in Cam, he's into old man football..." Does anyone remember Gettlemen's first presser? He said we have a QB! And it's funny because all you guys wanted to shoot yourselves when we kept running the read option. Everyone was crying for a more traditional offense. Do any of you know what that entails?! A RUNNING GAME! Cam has virtually the same offense he had when he was a rookie. The only major difference is there's no Shockey. I love what we've done in the draft. All the playoff teams, the ones who made it deep, had great defenses and a power run game. They didn't have explosive playmakers on the outside. You guys are ridiculous. All of your couch GMs and Internet experts need to put down the mouse and trust in our FO. Green Bay has an offense that most of you seem to want. Look what happened to them! They got blown out in the playoffs by the running game. (I'm aware the 9ers ran the read option, but it's built off a strong running game) now the Packers went all in on the RBs this draft. Do you think they're board is melting down? To win games, you need to have a running game and defense. It appears we now have both.

GB has gone 26-6 the last 2 years with no RBs. They suddenly aren't thinking they need to go old school. They improved RB in the draft....the weakest part of a machine already rolling.

2 win you need defense and develop your team around your QB.

I got no issue with the talent drafted. I got an issue with Cam entering his 3rd year....and not one young weapon drafted. THAT is actually a very off and rare thing....which everyone glosses over. Yet people will bitch about why Newton isn't becoming the guy they thought he could be....

AND that includes Cam. Gettlemen is old and believes in old football. I have said it since he arrived. Newton will be gone soon....and that will be unfortunate. He is the type game changer a franchise may never see again....but you have to be all in with him.

Did you not listen to gettleman's press conference when he was being introduced? He said that superbowl winning teams need two things an elite qb and a stout defense. Gettleman said that we already have our elite qb now we just need to build up our defense.

If you don't like cam for whatever reason then say it, don't try to put words in gettleman's mouth and act as if he wants another qb. Cam is our franchise qb, gettleman believes, the owner believes it. The only people who don't are people like you.

I have to wonder if people on this forum are not tired of being wrong when they say stupid things like this.

So we shouldn't have drafted Star? Because none of the receivers available when we picked in the second were very good.

It's funny you keep clinging to this and then defend every move we make as "OMG YOU GUYS DONT KNOW AS MUCH AS THE LEAGUE PEOPLE!!"

Seems a lot of league people disagree with your honestly, incredibly false assessment.

Jesus, you want us to plunge into the middle rounds of one of the worst skill position drafts in memory for "the future". Take a step back and get some perspective. A fourth round pick on some random asshat in this draft was not going to be "the future".

It's the NFL, you can't have awesome young talent waiting at every position. That is not how this league works. Maybe we'll get a top flight guy next year, maybe not.

I have no idea what your last sentence means.

Last sentence means this....name a young QB in the NFL that has started for at leas 2 years not named Cam. I will then show you the purpose of the question....

yeah guys i mean we're fine on offense we have three runningbacks AND gettis!!!!

I admit that I have spent more time in the tinderbox lately and may have missed something.

But do we still have Laffell and Olsen and didn't we sign Hixon this offseason?

And did we cut Adams or Pilares that are developing as slot guys?

We have more than Gettis that we can count on and develop.

Unless we now the cool thing to do is act like Lafell and Olsen just flat suck.

Archived