• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lol are we really denouncing a GM because of late round draft picks

Rags

Is that really what we're doing right now?

You really don't think Gettleman did his due diligence before each pick? Or the pick doesn't make any sense?

"Why'd we take another DII Guard?" because he was a late rising prospect. Quick on his feet, power blocker, fits our schme (unlike the Alabama guard who was on the board, not powerful enough.) an can work his way into a starting role. You wanted a Guard, you got one. Guards are run of the mill so you can take one from anywhere and they have a chance of being good.

"Why'd we take a backup LB?" Because we needed more depth. Senn shouldn't be more than a special teams ace and Beason and Davis have a probability of getting hurt. This guys is very smart and makes good plays, also very good in coverage. We needed LB depth, we got LB depth.

"A running back in the 6th??? Really?" First off, it's the 6th fuging round siit down. Secondly, we always wanted a speedy HB that could catch out the backfield Barner, third it's very highly likely that either Stewart or Williams won't be on the roster this time next year. The pick I would've made? Probably not, but I understand it.

"But Baccari Rambo/Da'Rick Rogers was on the board!!" And? We've never been ones to draft players on characters concerns too often. Or maybe Gettleman and Rivera didn't like them. Here's what you have to understand: Football is more than sports sites an youtube highlight vids. They picked the players who they think can help out the team in the long run.

"We didn't adress offensive weapons! Cam has no one to throw to." As a person who was hping for a WR all offseason, I understand. but after Hunter an Hopkins were gone i don't think we had much interest in WR. We always spoke about how we wanted someone who could impact right now, and I guess they felt like no one left after that was available.

In short, stop fuging complaining.

(Speaking of Short if you're bitching about the Short pick look at the Giants D-line depth, now loo kat ours.)

I live in new york so i've got a fairly decent knowledge of the general opinions on moves the Giants have made.

Let me put it this way, since the Eli Manning era started, the moves made by the Giants organization have NOT been popular with the fanbase. They did not like the series of washed up vet OL signings, they hated the JPP pick, and they hated parting ways with Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw and Derrick Ward.

JPP is arguably the best 4-3 DE in the game (yes he lacked production last year, but they have a balanced line that spreads those numbers around).

That OL really solidified during their superbowl runs and has played great.

None of those backs are anything particularly special.

I'm just saying if Gettleman brings what was successful in NY here, we are probably going to be disappointed when fan favorites aren't resigned and big names are not brought in.

The huddle as a collective body is similar to a bi-polar teenager who never seems to get his way even though his parents are trying to do what is best for him.

It's comical and sometimes really fuging annoying.

Tell me about it. To the OP, I've tried explaining things to people, but they chose to remain ignorant. My advice to you is just to accept that there will be people here who just don't get it.

By the way, I loved the Klein and Barner picks. Those of you who are expecting Beason to be an all-pro again may be in for a rude awakening. The defence was better with him off the field, and of course, he got injured again. Barner was great value in the 6th round. Diamond in the rough.

Tell me about it. To the OP, I've tried explaining things to people, but they chose to remain ignorant. My advice to you is just to accept that there will be people here who just don't get it.

By the way, I loved the Klein and Barner picks. Those of you who are expecting Beason to be an all-pro again may be in for a rude awakening. The defence was better with him off the field, and of course, he got injured again. Barner was great value in the 6th round. Diamond in the rough.

Yeah man just let them be. It kinda got me worked up at first but in reality, i feel most Huddlers understand what this drafts means and how it is a big positive in terms of our future.

If tards wana be tards, let them die out man.

Archived