• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would be we better off without DeAngelo?

Catalyst

Gentleman is the boss and Rivera will do what he says particular on a short leash. Your pronlem is that you dont agree with the change so you act as if Ri era makes the decisions and that isn't true. Both Rivera and Gettleman said that.they are on the same page. So when Gettleman comes out publically and says that Newton will stay in the pocket and wenwont use the read option as we did la's t year you can infer that Rivera agrees and will fall in line.

And you have proof of this where??????

Rivera is the coach and he will do whats right for the team.....Gettleman is doing his manger duties not coaching the team..

In any case if anything Richardson has the final say so and the fact the he gave Rivera another year tells you that they have some faith in his coaching ability

There aren't.

If you look at his games against non Saint teams....his ypc was worse than Stewart and he averaged less big runs of 20 plus yards than Stewart....

He had a screen pass he took to the house and then beat up the Saints....then people ignored how unimpressive he was. Again, some of that was the OL....some was him getting older and just not fitting what we asked

You could sorta say the same for ron rivera, sucked until he won those last 4 in a row,seems like everyone forgot how bad of a coach he was the first half of the season. but anyway back to the point it's simple stricly because of money you get rid of DW, but the same should be said for stewart when the time comes. As far as talent goes they both didn't florish in the read option, if he's on the roster the start of the season,this is a year you should keep a eye on him,see if his talent is falling off or was it coaching.....give him the ron rivera treament lets see if those 200 yards were a fluke. I personally think both RB's had a off year and will be back to form in 2013 but i could be wrong.

The only thing  that kept our RB from the high level of production was due to the Offensive line, Mainly the RG and injuries....RG where getting no push and opening lanes for our RB to run through....  The read option was also got us out of rhythm ....Kugbila will take over the RG spot and pairing him with Bell will make our right side of OL nasty in the running game...

D-Will was our best running back last year.  And even if you feel it important to omit certain games like New Orleans why shouldn't we also omit Stewart's yards against the Saints as well (11 carries 55 yards)?

If you do that his YPA goes to >3.5 yards per carry which would rank him right near the bottom of the league (fifth from the bottom of all RBs in the NFL).

But more to the point, it is interesting that some of the same posters that are up in arms over Shula and Rivera getting promoted and retaining their job respectively, because they feel like it means are basically forfeiting next season, are also so adamant about getting rid of one of our biggest playmakers when there is no free agents left that replace the value of D-Will next season.

I understand the implications to the cap and that might seal D-Will's fate, but I am not for getting rid of a playmaker just because we have too many playmakers that play the same position.  Not unless you are going to replace him with someone equal to or better than him at another position.  I don't see any WRs left in FA that would fit that bill.

So I think if we cut him our cap situation would be better, but on Sundays we would be worse. 

It's sensationalism to state the terms of the contracts?

Yes because the only thing that counts is the guaranteed money. The rest of the contract is really meaningless and isn't binding.  So yeah it is just done to make the numbers look sensational or big. Guys know they won't see a lot of it.

And you have proof of this where??????

Rivera is the coach and he will do whats right for the team.....Gettleman is doing his manger duties not coaching the team..

In any case if anything Richardson has the final say so and the fact the he gave Rivera another year tells you that they have some faith in his coaching ability

Go back and watch his press conferences and interviews. he said he was not a big fan of the read option, he said he wanted Newton to be a pocket passer and so forth.

And of course Rivera is the coach and will do his job but he has said that he and Gettleman see  eye to eye and are on the same page. That means that when Gettleman says this is what we are going to do, he has talked to Rivera and they both agree or he wouldn't have said it.

I would think it would be pretty plain to  everyone. 

D-Will was our best running back last year.  And even if you feel it important to omit certain games like New Orleans why shouldn't we also omit Stewart's yards against the Saints as well (11 carries 55 yards)?

If you do that his YPA goes to >3.5 yards per carry which would rank him right near the bottom of the league (fifth from the bottom of all RBs in the NFL).

But more to the point, it is interesting that some of the same posters that are up in arms over Shula and Rivera getting promoted and retaining their job respectively, because they feel like it means are basically forfeiting next season, are also so adamant about getting rid of one of our biggest playmakers when there is no free agents left that replace the value of D-Will next season.

I understand the implications to the cap and that might seal D-Will's fate, but I am not for getting rid of a playmaker just because we have too many playmakers that play the same position.  Not unless you are going to replace him with someone equal to or better than him at another position.  I don't see any WRs left in FA that would fit that bill.

So I think if we cut him our cap situation would be better, but on Sundays we would be worse

Especially if we have to face him twice a year.  Which could very well happen.

I don't have the time to do so, but if someone finds the time, look up our WIN-LOSS Record when Deangelo leads the team in carries vs Stewart.

I'd be willing to bet a nice sum we have a higher winning percentage with Williams as the feature back

Here are some more things to ponder:

D- Will got demoted and Stewart had 5 games as our featured back.  In those 5 games

60 carries- 202 yards 40.4 yards per game 12 carries a game 3.36 YPC (would have ranked nearly last in the NFL in YPC.)  highest game total 51 yards

After Stewart got hurt D-Will spent 5 games as featured back.  In those 5 games:

82 carries- 445 yards 89 yards per game 16 carries per game 5.4 YPC (would have ranked near the top of NFL in YPC) Only one game with less than 56 yards.

Record with Stewart as featured back 1-4

Record with WIlliams as featured back  4-1

All of this was after the decision to go use more traditional running plays.

Edit to note:  I didn't use the Eagles game because Stewart started the game as the feature back but got hurt and WIlliams ended the game with more carries.

Here are some more things to ponder:

D- Will got demoted and Stewart had 5 games as our featured back. In those 5 games

60 carries- 202 yards 40.4 yards per game 12 carries a game 3.36 YPC (would have ranked nearly last in the NFL in YPC.) highest game total 51 yards

After Stewart got hurt D-Will spent 5 games as featured back. In those 5 games:

82 carries- 445 yards 89 yards per game 16 carries per game 5.4 YPC (would have ranked near the top of NFL in YPC) Only one game with less than 56 yards.

Record with Stewart as featured back 1-4

Record with WIlliams as featured back 4-1

All of this was after the decision to go use more traditional running plays.

How dare you use facts to argue!

Dwill has been and IS our best back.

How much is a Super Bowl worth?

We know what we have in double trouble. Go ahead and get rid of that to save money and bring in an unknown. For what? Maybe's

Screw that. We got plenty of players who need to prove themselves, we have more cap space than every team in the NFC south except the Bucs, quit crying.

Ohh yeah- not you teeray- I was talking to all the folks who are bitching about dwill

It's like bitching about a hot ass girlfriend or wife spending money to look great.

You want a top running game, this is what it cost and why we have not had to worry about running backs since fumbler foster.

Go back and watch his press conferences and interviews. he said he was not a big fan of the read option, he said he wanted Newton to be a pocket passer and so forth.

And of course Rivera is the coach and will do his job but he has said that he and Gettleman see  eye to eye and are on the same page. That means that when Gettleman says this is what we are going to do, he has talked to Rivera and they both agree or he wouldn't have said it.

I would think it would be pretty plain to  everyone. 

When he said they see "eye to eye" he  means the overall  direction of the team... not cams going to do this and that.......If you wanted cam to be a pocket passer you should have drafted someone else....Cam's going to do the same thing he did last year.......   The only thing Gettelman is going to be worrying about is running the operation of the team.....

Archived