• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Student Who Spoke Out Against His Teacher

TheRumGone

This is really, really great stuff.

Like any job, there are those who do the bare minimum and those that do more. We need more teachers that want to be there and want to excel at teaching.

I'm lucky that I had teachers who wanted the latter.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of teachers that once they reach that years taught mark, just go with the flow.  We have all had them.

Luckily you also get a few that open your mind and listen to what you have to say, etc.

He was in a special class to catch up because he quit school and came back hence the worksheets. Each student in that class is on a different level but I still think the school system should do more than simply hand out busy work. Like he said, they're not learning because the teachers are not teaching.

doesn't matter what type of class he was in or what his circumstances are... what he's complaining about is now too often the norm in a majority of classrooms. it was already getting to that point when i was in high school, and with the way teachers are treated in our society, i can't say i blame them.

our countries views on our school systems is so completely out of touch with how things should be i'm afraid to have children of my own

Most of my teachers used overheads almost every class. Lights off, their heads down writing, complete disengaged. I had a few that were different, can't believe my parents paid 12k+ for that private education.

He needs to cut his hair...,he may get a HS diploma or his GED, but it wont matter because he will end up working at Taco Bell with that hair do, if he isn't already working there already...

Not true.

He needs to cut his hair...,he may get a HS diploma or his GED, but it wont matter because he will end up working at Taco Bell with that hair do, if he isn't already working there already...

oh tell us great mage of success who goeth by the name of Boner Champ the path he shall take to the land of infinite wealth

It is somewhat ironic the vast majority of people in this country find fault with the public education system in this country and those who choose teaching as a profession.

Yet that same majority will be the first to tell you, "As long as you don't raise my taxes to pay for it..."

It has been stated and shown on this board, in this forum several times the United States is severely lacking when it comes to public education. The highest ranked education systems in the world all seem to have the same thing in common....

1. A society that truly believes in teaching and learning

2. Teachers who are much more than a day care provider

3. Well paid teaching professionals who have full and complete control over their students

The United States has yet to figure out they fell flat at #1 and the rest is a moot point after that.

Archived