• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

Here's a question: is a shooter without a killer instinct really a shooter? What's the point of having that skill if you can't use it to dominate? This is why I don't want McLemore and I think if we shift to our other need: a big man, Len should be the first choice.

Len is working his way off rehab and in his interview he said he was working out at Maryland with his coaches. Meanwhile McLemore's stuck in an agent and representation dispute so he is out of shape? That's lame, again he is being complacent and not seizing the opportunity being one of the few top players who is healthy enough to work out. He should be putting in the work, somewhere, even on his own, into being the best player in this draft.

Like Steve Prefontaine said "to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

I'd take a team full of MKGs and Oladipos over a team of Harrison Barnes' and McLemores any day.

Still want Len though. We have Patrick Ewing as a coach for this season, we aren't planning on pushing for the playoffs and there is no apparent all star in this draft, if Len is there we need to take him and give him a cot at the foot of the angel of death's bed all season long. It's the best investment for us as a team, keep Hendo, find a PF in FA or 2014.

The problem with Ben is he's a hot prospect. When you're considered a top prospect, you hires your guys and you listen to them. Sometime it's good, sometime it's bad. With Ben, it's bad. For Len, he has nothing but to to workout bc before this week he was seen as a mid to late lottery guy.

And, I'd actually take Barnes/Ben over MKG/Oladipo if you want wins. If you want heart and intensity, then you go the other way.

I read somewhere that Steven Adams is rising up the draft boards, can't remember where I read it though.

Seen it too, but don't believe he'll crack the top 8 pick. He has great size, but is awfully raw and a project. Some said who ever takes him may end up sending him in the DLeague his rookie year.

Len won't be there at 4. I bet the Cavs take him 1st. I still like Bennett and I think Len or him will be the best player from this draft. Noel looks to be falling but I'd pass on him if Len or Bennett are there at 4. No need for Mclemore since we will get Wiggins next year.

If the rumor that Otto has a guarantee from the Wizards then McLemore or Len or Noel will be there at 4. Can't go wrong with any of those guys and Bennett and Oladipo are legit picks there as well. We will have plenty of good options at #4.

If the rumor that Otto has a guarantee from the Wizards then McLemore or Len or Noel will be there at 4. Can't go wrong with any of those guys and Bennett and Oladipo are legit picks there as well. We will have plenty of good options at #4.

I can make a rational argument for everybody in the top 10 but Noel.

Archived