• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quitting Smoking tomorrow after 6 years.

TheRumGone

Yea one of my excuses was that my grandmother smoked for 30 years.....she's 94 years old. I talked to her about it recently and she told me she was lucky she didn't have any problems from it. I need to quit this poo now before it becomes that much harder.

Gum, sunflower seeds, mints, whatever...have some ready and expect to run through them at the start.  When I quit my tobacco use about 7 months ago, I'd go through a couple bags of sunflower seeds a day and the cravings never really hit me hard.  

Good decision and good luck

I've only done that when i've been drinking....

shame on you.

LOL...that leads me to reason # 1,763 to quit.

Whenever drinking and smoking you reach for the bottle of beer you've been drinking only to realize too late that isn't your beer but the makeshift ashtry you created with a beer from an hour ago....ahhhhhh delish!

do it for yourself!!  people tend to quit smoking for a variety of different reasons...but if you don't do it for yourself, I think the odds of sticking with it lowers!!

think of the money you'll save and the health benefits you will be rewarded with

and if that doesn't help...I hear people that smoke will put pretty much anything in their mouth!!!!  is this you?!!!!!

good luck

LOL...that leads me to reason # 1,763 to quit.

Whenever drinking and smoking you reach for the bottle of beer you've been drinking only to realize too late that isn't your beer but the makeshift ashtry you created with a beer from an hour ago....ahhhhhh delish!

koozies are a life saver.

I just went on a smoke break and lit the filter end of the cigarette by accident. <yuck>

That's reason  #1,762 to quit.

I did that a few times back in the day.  Worse, once I put the lit end of the cigarette in my mouth.  ouch. I was probably stoned or drunk.  Hopefully. 

I've never been a smoker but my roommate and I almost smoked a carton (it seemed like) playing through the entire 'Super Mario All-Stars' collection back in college (including the impossible Lost Levels). 

His solution was chapstick and Altoids for quitting though, so try that if other techniques are falling through.

Best of luck to you!

I smoked a pack a day for ten years. ive quit numerous times. Ill have one every month or so usually with a beer(s). I still have cravings but do not crumble like I used to in past quitting spurts.

I smell and feel better.

Good luck to you

Archived