• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

rivera comments on OTAs so far...and updates on today

rayzor

still not much here but it's something...

i'll update if i see stuff to update. don't expect much, tho.

jjones9

Rivera says Steve Smith looks like he's 25 again, diving for a few balls yesterday

jjones9

Beason is limited, as expected. He'll do individual workouts but no more

josephperson

Ron Rivera says all 90 players present and accounted for at OTAs, w/ several limited by injury--Kalil, Stewart, Gross, Beason, Capt.

josephperson

Rivera said Captain has a "tummy strain," ie, ab strain.

I'll stick these here:

New #Panthers CB Drayton Florence makes presence known w/ a pick of a deep Cam throw.

Cam makes an over-the-shoulder catch of a long punt during lighter OTA moment.

New #Panthers WR @domenik_hixon in action during OTAs this morning. pic.twitter.com/QG2FcLhwaL

Josh Norman just made a great INT. deep ball from Cam intended for Ginn and Norman laid out. Got the wind knocked out of him

Watching Panthers practice here at OTA's. Guy wearing 59 is already the leader of the defense. Always working. Always.

Rivera on last year's Defensive Rookie i the Year Luke Kuechly: "Whoever coached him before he got here did a hell of a job." #Panthers

Panthers wrap up week 1 of OTAs, Ron Rivera impressed with the slimmed down Greg Hardy, says he had to tell him to tone down intensity.

and i'll stick these here, lol.

thanks, OnlyPantherFaninMaine.

good news re: gettis

David Gettis on the field today for Panthers, Ron Rivera - "he's coming back...he's had a couple nice days, we need that competition"

josephperson

#Panthers LB Jon Beason didn't get any work in team drills. But he ran 20 50-yard sprints after practice. Seemed to look good.

josephperson

Former #Oregon TE (and Portland Bible College hoopster) Brandon Williams was held out with a knee injury he sustained earlier this week.

josephperson

#Panthers DE Greg Hardy lost some bulk this offseason, down to 283 from 290 and change. Says it's all about speed this yr. @ItsGHardy

the krakan on speed? i'll take it.

@jjones9: Oh, a list of five impressions from the Panthers OTAs, you ask? All right http://t.co/t14Tnh15Am

@Panthers: Kuechly's goal: “Win as many games as we can. We have to do whatever we can to do that. We have the pieces, we just have to put it together”

Check out our photo gallery from today's OTAs: http://pnth.rs/10W0HbB 

Finally some photos!

I fully expect to not see Smith in any per season games. Dude is a stud but needs rest.

he won't.

i love the energy and enthusiasm, but i'm worried about him getting hurt before the season even starts.

I'll stick these here:

New #Panthers CB Drayton Florence makes presence known w/ a pick of a deep Cam throw.

Cam makes an over-the-shoulder catch of a long punt during lighter OTA moment.

New #Panthers WR @domenik_hixon in action during OTAs this morning. pic.twitter.com/QG2FcLhwaL

Josh Norman just made a great INT. deep ball from Cam intended for Ginn and Norman laid out. Got the wind knocked out of him

Archived