• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heart breaker?

Strawman

I think the secondary will be my heartbreaker.

With the talent and depth at the front 7 there is no excuse for the DBs to get burnt like toast this year.  I think we have in the mix some talented and hungry DBs.   I think they will do well and I give it Partly Sunny over Partly Cloud.  or 40% chance of being heart broken.

I think the secondary will be my heartbreaker.

With the talent and depth at the front 7 there is no excuse for the DBs to get burnt like toast this year. I think we have in the mix some talented and hungry DBs. I think they will do well and I give it Partly Sunny over Partly Cloud. or 40% chance of being heart broken.

Sure there is an excuse....they aren't good.

Unrealistic to expect a pass rush to get there every down. When they don't....te secondary is what it is. Just like they where last year when a front that provided more pressure than anyone didnt get there.

Sure there is an excuse....they aren't good.

Unrealistic to expect a pass rush to get there every down. When they don't....the secondary is what it is. Just like they where last year when a front that provided more pressure than anyone didn't get there.

True, but it doesn't mean that these new players don't have what it takes to do the job.  In a pessimistic world every possible scenario will doom our team.

A big name corner does not always equate to success.  What were the names of our CBs in 2003. Howard and Cousins on the corner and Minter and Grant as our safeties.  I don't believe there is a Pro Bowl between any of them.  EVER!!!! I would also think this board light up like a Christmas tree concerned about the same time.

Wilks is a good Defensive Back coach.  McDermott and Rivera are defensive minded coaches. I find it hard to believe that the front office and coaches just settled with these players.  As good as Gettleman is I am certain that the decision to bring in Mitchell, Florence and Moore was not his alone.  I believe our defensive minds feel these players can get the job done along with our current crop of DBs and UFDA.

Who knows maybe after 2013 we will have a Big Name corner.

While I am not 100% sure of our success   I am highly optimistic that we will do well.  I gave a 40% because of each section of our team this is still my biggest concern.

Archived