• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets (Bobcats) Interested In DeMarcus Cousins

PantherBrew

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227888/Cavaliers-Mavericks-Bobcats-Interested-In-DeMarcus-Cousins

The Cleveland Cavaliers, Charlotte Bobcats and Dallas Mavericks are three teams that have interest in trading for DeMarcus Cousins if the new ownership of the Sacramento Kings decide to part ways with their most valued asset, according to sources.

The Bobcats are motivated to turnaround their long rebuilding situation and would surely be willing to build a package for Cousins around the No. 4 pick.

Cousins would be 'Plan C' for the Mavericks if they are unable to sign either Chris Paul or Dwight Howard.

Cousins is entering the final season of his contract before reaching restricted free agency.

Hm. 

At first I was like heck no, but then the more I read and research, it becomes a not horrible idea. 

He is basically a durable,18 point 10 rebound player.  

Im still leaning towards no because he will be looking for a pay day soon. And I want to keep salary low until we are ready to truly compete. 

I really don't want to try next season, I want to cash in on the 2014 draft. 

Thoughts?

His mental makeup is the only thing holding him back. Very well-rounded player, just concerns about his attitude. He's very entertaining though, although not always in a good way. I remember watching them play very early on in the season vs. GSW and it was funny as hell to see him run up and down the court exhausted as can be. 

I'd be worried about resigning him...but honestly it's a no brainer for me (if he would resign here).  The Hornets won't get the chance to get a talent like Cousins very often, and a trade involving the #4 pick in a weak draft could be a great trade for us. 

Just landing Cousins alone would also not make us anywhere near a playoff team, so I'd be down with it.

To sum it up, I'd be worried, but also don't won't to miss out on a talent like this ala the James Harden trade talk last year for the #2 pick. 

I'd be worried about resigning him...but honestly it's a no brainer for me (if he would resign here).  The Hornets won't get the chance to get a talent like Cousins very often, and a trade involving the #4 pick in a weak draft could be a great trade for us. 

Just landing Cousins alone would also not make us anywhere near a playoff team, so I'd be down with it.

To sum it up, I'd be worried, but also don't won't to miss out on a talent like this ala the James Harden trade talk last year for the #2 pick. 

Ugh, that still makes me cringe. 

That would have been craz amaze.

I don't think it'll happen though. Cavs are in good place to grab Cousins with their no.1 pick. Sac could trade Cousins for picks + players and still replace Cousins with Noel.

I imagine Cousins would salivate to play with Kyrie.  He'd get a ton of open dunks.

This WILL not happen. If we even had a chance, it's completely obliterated by the Cavs also being interested. They have the #1 pick and numerous other assets to trade for Cousins, while we have the #4 pick and nothing else the Kings would want outside of maybe Kemba. Don't even give it a second thought...

This WILL not happen. If we even had a chance, it's completely obliterated by the Cavs also being interested. They have the #1 pick and numerous other assets to trade for Cousins, while we have the #4 pick and nothing else the Kings would want outside of maybe Kemba. Don't even give it a second thought...

It's not likely to happen, but it really depends on what the teams are willing to give up.

If the Cavs are only willing to give up the first overall pick, but the Cats or Mavericks are willing to give up multiple first rounders for him.

It's reported that the Kings are looking for at least two first round picks. 

ESPN Insider has some potential trades up...

Cavs giving up #1, Waiters, and Zeller for Cousins.

Also has them dealing Varejao, #19, & #31 to CHI for Deng

Yeah if they're willing to give up anywhere close to that in terms of pieces, the Horncats have no shot. 

Archived