• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets (Bobcats) Interested In DeMarcus Cousins

PantherBrew

Unless I'm missing something here... DMC would have to resign with us if we wanted to resign him; he'll be a restricted FA. 

I'd probably give up two firsts (#4 and Portland pick), as well as Sessions or something for a talent like him, but only after sitting down with him and asking him how he would feel in Charlotte (although I'm not sure if we could legally talk to him). I absolutely do want a motivated DeMarcus Cousins (we're talking a 20-10 big with great passing skills and a jumper), but if Cousins isn't feeling Charlotte then I wouldn't do the trade. 

ESPN Insider has some potential trades up...

Cavs giving up #1, Waiters, and Zeller for Cousins.

Also has them dealing Varejao, #19, & #31 to CHI for Deng

Yeah if they're willing to give up anywhere close to that in terms of pieces, the Horncats have no shot. 

Damn imgaine that: Kyrie, Deng, Thompson, and Cousins. That's a nasty bunch.

If they trade for cousins, we won't have any pick in the draft.

Just what a young, building team needs. Lol.

How is he going to behave when they are in one of their 14 game losing streaks next season?

This is exactly what I came in here to say.  With an ego like his and his potential to pout and have tantrums, I'm not sure how well he would fit in with a losing culture in the midst of trying to turn things around.

It's not like he brings winning and veteran experience to the table.  Talent, no question, but right now we need the intangibles that I feel he lacks.  My two cents.

Like hell I would trade two firsts for RUN DMC, forget that.

I would give them our 4th overall pick and Ramon Sessions, nothing more than that.

Then we could just sign a back-up point guard in free agency like Nate Robinson, Jose Calderon, or Jarrett Jack.

I like the way you think... Having Nate Robinson back up Kemba (or have him play the 1 and Kemba the 2 off the bench) would be incredible! 

Archived