• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I ran into Captain Munnerlyn's girlfriend at the park today.

Growl

I was at my usual park today walking my ferocious and terrifying four month ole chihuahua. As we both exercised our finely tuned athletic machines by walking back to the car as quickly as possible, I hear the voice of a woman speaking to her young (what I presume to be) son.

"oh don't tell me you're gonna hide from that little old dog" she said to the boy.

Looking up expecting to chuckle and bask in the glory of another person complimenting my young canine companion, I first lay eyes on a giant "41" planted on the side of some black shorts. I immediately notice the style as our team training camp shorts, and can almost feel the Panthers logo on the other side as in the span of a nano second I remember that Captain is indeed local to the area and that I've ran into him on a number of occasions (including a cool sit an scout at the senior bowl the year prior to this one.)

I quickly crane my head to indeed see the panthers logo on the other side, and, as the woman approached, I gave her a quick hello and asked if she knew Captain.

Truthfully, If I had known the two were close I probably wouldn't have stopped her, but you spoiled brats in Charlotte don't know how awesome it is to ran into a Panthers fan, or someone close to the team.

After I asked if she knew him, she said yes, and that she was his girlfriend. She noticed the Panthers cap on my head and became quickly much more comfortable with the stranger stopping her in the park, and we spoke only for a brief moment on how he was away at OTA's, my run in with him at the senior bowl a year prior, and she got my name to mention to him about it. (which I honestly thought amusing, but the thought was sweet)

All in all, a pretty cool moment for a football starved panthers fan.

Cool Story Bro.

No seriously, it was cool. I didn't know any huddlers were from around this area (I'm in Baldwin County). I totally would be stoked to run into someone close to the team, hell I get excited just seeing someone wearing panthers gear and usually have to say something to him/her. Now if only we could run all these Saints fans back to Louisiana, life would be good. 

Odd to see a location I recognize here on the Huddle. Man do I miss the Carolinas.

As for the saints fans, we get the worst kind because all of them here actually are the obnoxious bandwagon clowns who unfortunately have access to seeing them "locally."

I've found that asking them who coached the saints prior to Sean payton works pretty much every single time for shutting them up

Cool Story Bro.

No seriously, it was cool. I didn't know any huddlers were from around this area (I'm in Baldwin County). I totally would be stoked to run into someone close to the team, hell I get excited just seeing someone wearing panthers gear and usually have to say something to him/her. Now if only we could run all these Saints fans back to Louisiana, life would be good.

Next time you run into him Growl. Autograph for me good sir. I offer someone every year that if they get me one from OTA's or training camp i'll pay for the autograph(been asking since 10) and the shipping but nobody loves me enough xD

Hey growl, no disrespect! But this sounds more like some espionage, where pics are needed. I'm not doubting your style. But next time I hope your quick on that click click, pictures you know.. I want some visits! With some photooooooooo! You feel me. Yes, it's the liquor that's talkin, but give me the details.

Archived