• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals Thread - (2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (1) Miami Heat

X-Clown

He's a bit of a noted Kobe hater. Just about everyone on this board is for whatever reason. They would all have you believe that Kobe is a glorified role player who's team wins in-spite of him lol. People are a prisoner of the moment.

Anyways, I don't want to get into that whole debate again. LBJ and the Heat deserve all of the shine tonight.

I'm guessing it is mainly the fact that Kobe didn't think Charlotte was good enough for him, even as an 18 year old. Also, could be that Kobe comes off as contrived, corny, and just generally not very likeable.

That being said, IMHO, Kobe WAS the best since MJ. Lebron is now proving to be the best since MJ in terms of individual performance year in and year out, as well as his unmatched pure size/skill combination.

I don't like Kobe, BUT, I respect him and his game. He has been the most clutch player consistently since MJ and will go down as one of the greatest players and scorers to ever play the game... But, Lebron is far from done and has already established himself as the greater individual dominant force. Just my opinion...

Lebron only having two titles and the way he fled Cleveland to Miami because he couldn't cut it? No. Sorry.

lol, this is an incredibly silly statement. If you are going to argue about this, surely you have a stronger point?

kobe better than magic johnson, larry bird, tim duncan, patrick ewing, kareem abdul jabaar, wilt chamberlain, julius irving, jerry west, david robinson, shaquille o'neal, hakeem olajuwan?

i think not.

he's just reggie miller on a loaded team run by a storied franchise that gets the calls they need when they need them

And that's what I have been talking about! lol

Kobe, KD, Duncan, Melo... all better than Wade.

That's just a short list.  CP3, Rose (if he comes back to the player he was before injury), D12, Harden, Westbrook are all guys I would take before Wade.  Wade is a shell of himself, his body just can't keep up.  2005 Wade, yea he was one of the best, but not even close now....

Lebron only having two titles and the way he fled Cleveland to Miami because he couldn't cut it? No. Sorry.

Robert Horry is the best player since Bill Russell.

#ringlogic

Good thing Kobe didn't demand a trade on draft day because he couldn't cut it.... oh wait. He did. After publicly stating he wouldn't play for certain teams.

That's just a short list.  CP3, Rose (if he comes back to the player he was before injury), D12, Harden, Westbrook are all guys I would take before Wade.  Wade is a shell of himself, his body just can't keep up.  2005 Wade, yea he was one of the best, but not even close now....

Oh no doubt, there is more than what I listed; I just didn't feel like listing 20 more players.

lol, this is an incredibly silly statement. If you are going to argue about this, surely you have a stronger point?

Wasn't it PSC who referred to it as Lebron "dragging" the Cavs to the finals by himself? If he's so good why leave?

You can get bent out of shape about my comments if you want, but your feelings don't change the past. He couldn't make it in Cleveland so he had to go chase titles with the big 3 in Miami. What's false about that? Do tell please.

Archived