• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6/6 OTAs via twitter

ginn is likely going to be the #3 or 4 WR. i don't think he's going to be seeing enough time or action at WR to take away from him being given the full time KR or PR job.

there's just not going to be much in the way of conflict.

I can see this scenario working out as well. Being #4 WR does not ensure a whole lot of playing time. Maybe they feel he can add more in the return game than the passing game.

On the other hand. IF he can impress enough in the passing game, they may not want to chance him in the return game. Which is my preference. They did get him here with the promise of a realistic opportunity to make the team as a WR.

We have a bunch of kids that can return. We are fighting hard to find quality depth behind Smitty, Lafell, and Hixon. I know I am reaching. Wanting Ginn Jr. to be productive in the passing game is a long shot. But hellz, why not?

Less we forget. When we signed Ted. Rivera, Shula, and Gettlemen all said they were going to run and design plays for him. So they seem to be hoping he can become a threat in the passing game.

IMO, it is in Ginn's hands. Show he can be a productive WR and he can say goodbye to returning. Struggle in the passing game and he is probably back returning.

Yup. Ginn Jr. is going to get every opportunity to win a WR spot. If he can, I don't think he will be doing any returns.

I've heard multiple reports saying they are going to design and run plays for him at WR, and he signed here because they are going to give him a chance to win a WR spot.

If Ginn Jr. shows value as a WR, his value as a returner goes down. If Ginn Jr. does make the team as a WR, those last two spots have to go to returners. Unless Barner shows he can handle the job.

If however, Ginn is doing returns, then Gettis has a chance to win one of those last two spots. Pilares and AE are basically the same guy. Adams is still having trouble. So maybe Gettis has a chance to stick.

To me it is up to Ginn Jr. on whether Gettis makes the team or not. Ginn Jr. as a WR, and Gettis is gone. Ginn Jr. as a returner, and Gettis has a chance.

I think I'll pop a tent and just live at Wofford this year. Save on that nasty 5 minute commute.

Gettis will get in over Pilares and Edwards. He's the only one with the potential to be a #1 guy.

I think Edwards and Adams will both get in over Pilares, unless Adams keeps fumbling.

Gettis will get in over Pilares and Edwards. He's the only one with the potential to be a #1 guy.

I think Edwards and Adams will both get in over Pilares, unless Adams keeps fumbling.

Going off potential alone. Gettis has a chance to be pretty good. At this point in time I would have a hard time giving Gettis #1WR type credit. IMO, his time to impress is running out. Mini Camp, TC, and Preseason are his last opportunities.

I would love to see him make the team. He is a big down field target. If he can win the spot, I truly believe he can make us better. And I can live with that.

The team really likes Pilares, he is going to get his chance.

AE is tearing it up, he is going to get his chances.

Adams is tearing it down, he is losing his chances.

If I had to guess, Adams is odd man out.

Call me nutty but I think Adams and Gettis pull it off. Those two have incredible potential. They both have the physical tools to be super stars if they can just get over there respective humps. Plus, the addition of Barner being able to fit into roles on ST's puts pressure on Pilares more than anyone.

Dont write off Gettis yet with predictions. There's a long ways to go and you've all forgotten how good he is. If he's had time to study and hang out with jugs, it could be just the thing he needed. It couldnt have been that bad considering most receivers need year 2 or 3 to understand the offense a little more. He has experience, success, and time to look back and reflect on that while learning from the best. All he needs now is momentum. Seriously, if he's improved from his first year, he's going to fugging gash db's.

You know what Chico likes? Homerun hitters, he says it all the time. I'll take #12 first and foremost out of that group. I cant wait to get an eyeball on them all to see whats up.

may the best men win. . and may they ball gloriously for us.

Call me nutty but I think Adams and Gettis pull it off. Those two have incredible potential. They both have the physical tools to be super stars if they can just get over there respective humps. Plus, the addition of Barner being able to fit into roles on ST's puts pressure on Pilares more than anyone.

Dont write off Gettis yet with predictions. There's a long ways to go and you've all forgotten how good he is. If he's had time to study and hang out with jugs, it could be just the thing he needed. It couldnt have been that bad considering most receivers need year 2 or 3 to understand the offense a little more. He has experience, success, and time to look back and reflect on that while learning from the best. All he needs now is momentum. Seriously, if he's improved from his first year, he's going to fugging gash db's.

You know what Chico likes? Homerun hitters, he says it all the time. I'll take #12 first and foremost out of that group. I cant wait to get an eyeball on them all to see whats up.

may the best men win. . and may they ball gloriously for us.

if gettis can be not hurt for a while anc can get anywhere back to where he was his rookie year and if adams can keep from putting crisco on his hands before each play he's involved in, both of these guys can be pretty stinking dynamic. i just don't count on either one of those happening.

barner could be a huge addition to the offense. i hope he's not used sparingly. he needs to be seeing the field a lot, esp. on passing downs. granted, not as a blocker, but you don't put a guy like that on the field expecting him to do it. you expect him to be someone who can get the ball in his hands out of the backfield and tear it up.

Archived