• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saw Man of Steel last night...

SuperMan

Action in a Superhero movie? No way!

Wasn't great, wasn't bad. Supes was very underpowered in the movie. But I guess he had to be weakened to ensure a better story. As much as the movie emphasized getting his powers under control and his body living a lifetime under our sun, it sure didn't make sense to have the other Kryptonians come to terms with their powers so quickly.

Zod explained that - he was bred to be a soldier, to master his senses.

Superman is, essentially, a farm boy.

I guess after the gritty realistic superhero reboots we've seen recently seeing Superman and Zod duke it out through skyscrapers etc for 40 minutes turned me off.

Zod explained that - he was bred to be a soldier, to master his senses.

Superman is, essentially, a farm boy.

I guess after the gritty realistic superhero reboots we've seen recently seeing Superman and Zod duke it out through skyscrapers etc for 40 minutes turned me off.

well the movie added the element of earth's and krypton's atmospheres being incompatible. i don't ever remember seeing that before- it was always the yellow sun that gave kryptonians their powers.

Maybe I misinterpreted something in the movie. The movie IMO seemed to say that a lifetime of being in this atmosphere is what has made Superman so powerful (rather than the traditional yellow sun). but zod had the same powers instantly - even knowing of some of his powers in advance.

Finally seen this.  I thought it was good.  I put it on par with Thor/Cap America/Iron Man flicks, honestly.  Wasn't as good as Avengers or Dark Knight Triology.

But honestly, it didn't really feel like a comic book movie, so I classify it more as a sci-fi story and in that way, the movie was really good.

I loved the ending with Zod, but I wasn't ever a huge fan of Superman anyway so.

well the movie added the element of earth's and krypton's atmospheres being incompatible. i don't ever remember seeing that before- it was always the yellow sun that gave kryptonians their powers.

Maybe I misinterpreted something in the movie. The movie IMO seemed to say that a lifetime of being in this atmosphere is what has made Superman so powerful (rather than the traditional yellow sun). but zod had the same powers instantly - even knowing of some of his powers in advance.

Sups explained to Zod that his (earth) parents taught him how to control his powers. As soon as Zod took off his mask he had the same powers as Superman, he just couldn't control them. For some dumb reason Sups explained this to Zod so later Zod was able to focus and use the powers to fly, burn poo with his eyes etc.

LOL yeah the scene where he explains to Zod to zero in on abilities was stupid, and maybe the cheesiest point in the movie, for me at least.  WHY??

It was like the old Fantastic Four or any comics from the early 60's where they EXPLAINED everything that was going on lol.

Archived