• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Out of the WR's on the roster who aren't 89.

koolkatluke

You guy saying Lafell isnt worth being a number 2 but Ginn and some practice squad guys are set to be number 1s are really crazy. If we ever end up in a situation were Ginn is the best WR on our team we are screwed. Number 1s need to do one thing 1st, catch the ball almost always. Sound like Ginn? 2nd they need to run reliable routes and have the burst to get open and strength to battle for passes. we dont have one on the team if Smitty goes down. But lets not bash Lafell and act like he is in the class of scrubs. Dude catches the ball everytime, and he is reliable, he only lacks the burst to be a number 1. if we want a number one to take the role of Smith it is not on our current roster, stop dreaming.

This is true imo but the staff wasn't high on lafell either when they brought in legs, there was a lot of talk how rr was disappointed in their production. I'm not sold on rr's perception of camp gems. I know dg said the starters might already be on the roster and I agree. I believe David Gettis will make the team, ae will make it based on mini camp and pr, pilares likely will stick around but Adams will probably be practice squad bound as well as Bryant. Imo only.

I always thought Gettis had a chance, but the vibe the coaching staff puts off says otherwise. Also a lot of media guy have been saying, they hear his time is almost up. We don't know how credible that is, but it does seem as tho this staff isn't really high on him.

This is true imo but the staff wasn't high on lafell either when they brought in legs, there was a lot of talk how rr was disappointed in their production. I'm not sold on rr's perception of camp gems. I know dg said the starters might already be on the roster and I agree. I believe David Gettis will make the team, ae will make it based on mini camp and pr, pilares likely will stick around but Adams will probably be practice squad bound as well as Bryant. Imo only.

Legs was brought in because LaFell and Gettis both were struggling with the scheme. He knew the system in and out and was really a teacher/place holder til the young guys grasped the scheme.

I think Gettis CAN make the squad, but I believe he'll have to make a drastic upward trend. I feel as tho he may have regressed or hasn't progressed in his time off the field. He better step up. And step up, big time or he's as good as gone.

I think Gettis has the potential to be a #1 but I'm going to wait until training camp and preseason to make my assessment. Because I really do believe one of the WR are going to step up and take the position. Outside of the rookies none of them have an excuse because they should know the playbook so it put up or shut up time for the guys that's on the roster.

I just want to say that possession receivers can play the 1 also, they just tend to be more balanced when they are. Imo LaFell fits that to a T.

Though I am pulling hard for #12,  I just think #11 deserves his due respect.

Moose put up 1405 yards and 16 TDs as our 1

I just want to say that possession receivers can play the 1 also, they just tend to be more balanced when they are. Imo LaFell fits that to a T.

Though I am pulling hard for #12,  I just think #11 deserves his due respect.

I've been hard on Lafell, it took me awhile to forgive him for that drop in Kansas City.

He has all the potential imo. He must become more consistent though, and it has to be this year.

Gettis snag the starting job that year as well. Rr is a great defensive mind but his bringing in legs that year took reps away from both the young guys. Fox is the hardest on young talent, with that said, I'm sure we woulda made the playoffs both years with Cam here. If gettis doesn't make it fine but he's the best option for the long run if he can get back to his 2010 form when the qb position was a turnstile.

Legs was brought in because LaFell and Gettis both were struggling with the scheme. He knew the system in and out and was really a teacher/place holder til the young guys grasped the scheme.

I think Gettis CAN make the squad, but I believe he'll have to make a drastic upward trend. I feel as tho he may have regressed or hasn't progressed in his time off the field. He better step up. And step up, big time or he's as good as gone.

I do not understand how you guys are still talking about Gettis, the guy had 508 yards his rookie year and has not played sense. Louis Murphy had more yards his rookie year and I did not see anyone shedding a tear when he left.

I do not understand how you guys are still talking about Gettis, the guy had 508 yards his rookie year and has not played sense. Louis Murphy had more yards his rookie year and I did not see anyone shedding a tear when he left.

Yeah and that was with Jamarcus Russell at QB......

Our inability to properly address WR and history of busts at the position is what fuels the Gettis hype.

I'm not sure about #1... cuz I don't think he's had enough on field playing time to prove that.

BUT... I agree that that the "mystery" reason he's not getting reps is still mind boggle'n.

I hope there is a legit reason for it... and then I'll admit I was wrong that I thought he could contribute... if that's the case. But as of right now, I don't see what the issue is. 

I am not sure at the moment tho, per your question, who could be a #1 at this point. I think I'd have to see what happens with the WR's in games to decide that. (if any of them are that person)

It's because he's been hurt the past two years, and there are other players that have earned the right to be in front of him right now.  He has to earn his spot back.   If he does his thing though, he'll get more and more reps come training camp.   Also why risk anything when it's just OTAs and minicamps?

Gettis snag the starting job that year as well. Rr is a great defensive mind but his bringing in legs that year took reps away from both the young guys. Fox is the hardest on young talent, with that said, I'm sure we woulda made the playoffs both years with Cam here. If gettis doesn't make it fine but he's the best option for the long run if he can get back to his 2010 form when the qb position was a turnstile.

Claiming Gettis was the starter over LaFell is sort of like saying in 2011 Williams started Stewart but to a lesser extent.

LaFell was more diverse as a rookie.

Archived