• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horncats interested in Al Jefferson

carpanfan96

YOLO must be Rod Higgins!

Thanks for the updates on NBA free agents...

So at 28 AL Jefferson will demand a 10-12 mil a year contract. It would be nice if it would be 3-4 years max but I think this is his last big payday so he will probally want 5 years? Not sure..not many free agents jump out this season. Hate to make a splash with bad timiing.

He will be regressing as JJ Hickson is still progressing..and Lebron loves Cam so he will come to Charlotte as he is tired of not paying taxes in Miami.

I havent read that anywhere yet this morning, but that would be great news if true.  We need to go ahead and get our front court setup with Jefferson, Zeller, Biyombo, and Haywood/Thomas.  Work on the backcourt(getting a star player), and depth next season.

I think it would be wise for us to get out in front with Jefferson while the Howard drama unfolds.

The thing that sucks about A- being a smaller market and B- sucking is that we will probably have to be more aggressive with our offer to FAs than other teams (I.e. overpay).

I havent read that anywhere yet this morning, but that would be great news if true. We need to go ahead and get our front court setup with Jefferson, Zeller, Biyombo, and Haywood/Thomas. Work on the backcourt(getting a star player), and depth next season.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/01/report-bobcats-plan-to-pursue-al-jefferson-in-free-agency/

And if you have apps, try "bleacher report". BR does a great and fast job of reporting news. You can keep up with your favorite teams news. As much as some people hates BR, I love it.

Would be awesome, but I'd be surprised.  He may end up going to whomever Howard doesn't pick.  How about Assik from Houston, they are trying to dump him to make room.  Adding Jefferson would give us an all-star and the best player in franchise history automatically.  Zeller/Biz can rotate in and out and Jefferson/Biz as well.  Would be fun to watch at least.

I had court side tickets to the Bobcats/Jazz game this past year and Jefferson is a really cool guy.

Someone yelled out to him that he sucks and he replied is that why I got 16 points and 6 rebounds lol. He was talking to the fans the whole game, it's almost like he actually liked Charlotte.

He finished with 26 points and 8 rebounds.

Remember that Jefferson is still only 28 and in his prime. If we could pull this off, we could only imagine what our future would be if we're able to land a Top5 pick next season.

He is only 28, but Bonnell did point out that he came to the NBA straight out of high school and has been a significant minute-muncher since he entered the NBA (Celtics, Jazz).

He probably has four more good years of tread left on the tires, but there is no reason to overpay him... It's not like Salt Lake City is a much bigger market than Charlotte (if at all), so he's obviously used to the whole small market thing by now.

With that said, sign his ass up...

He would be a good guy to pair with Biz, because they have different weaknesses (Biz- offense, Jefferson- defense), so it's not like we would have to worry about a duo that can't put it in the hoop or can't defend.

He is only 28, but Bonnell did point out that he came to the NBA straight out of high school and has been a significant minute-muncher since he entered the NBA (Celtics, Jazz).

He probably has four more good years of tread left on the tires, but there is no reason to overpay him... It's not like Salt Lake City is a much bigger market than Charlotte (if at all), so he's obviously used to the whole small market thing by now.

With that said, sign his ass up...

He would be a good guy to pair with Biz, because they have different weaknesses (Biz- offense, Jefferson- defense), so it's not like we would have to worry about a duo that can't put it in the hoop or can't defend.

Yea, but guys like Garnett is still playing pretty going into his 18th season and Duncan at 16th. And, both are 37 years of age. Jefferson is 28 and in his 9th season. Proportionally, Jefferson would be the same age as Garnett and Duncan going into his 18th season. I think Jefferson can still have 4-6 years of really good ball. Either way like you said, sign his @ss! If somehow it's just 4 more years, I'd take 4 years of strong presence in the post game than not having any. I believe Jefferson is a guy worth 14-16mil?? I mean we can't be greedy if we want to win.

Archived