• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horncats interested in Al Jefferson

carpanfan96

But, the thing is we're not going anywhere with Biz. If anyone think that Biz is a main piece to get us anywhere close to a Championship, then you better quit smoking whatever you're on. I haven't quit on the man, but I know his potential. His offensive game is no where close Ibaka.

You can read my posts from bobcatsplanet from last year to see where I stood on Biz... Great kid, hard worker, great hustle but, I thought he was pretty close to topped out offensively and will be nothing but a role player.

A lot of people bashed me for it. But, when I said he was a core piece moving forward, I was referring to the front office's take, as they have repeatedly mentioned him as one. So I'm saying, if that's their take, then why go after Jefferson? I really hope they think this through and give Pekovic a look. I like Jefferson and appreciate what he can do, but I think Pekovic will be the better investment.

Minnesota is not letting go of Pek reguardless of the price. Big men are to hard to come by. Howard will never sign here which leaves Big Al as the best big man available. Also next years FA bigs suck. (aside from the young restricted ones) I say throw the max at Jefferson. We have the money and need a low post scoring threat like him more than any other need. Start Zeller at the 4 and have Biz come in as the back up 5. Also like someone else stated 28 is still young for a big man with his skill set. Look at Tim Duncan, 37 and still killing it with his post game.

All aboard the "Sign Big Al" band wagon.

Zeller and Jefferson starting together would be a disaster defensively. Wow... 

He isn't worth a max contract and the only way it makes sense to offer him a contract is if you are content with Zeller coming off the bench. Otherwise it's a disaster and a waste of money and cap space. 

So who here is content with the 4th overall pick coming off the bench to add an extra defensive liability to the starting lineup that was the worst defensive team in the league last season?  Anyone??? 

Minny can only match offers on Pekovic up to a certain level, if you add a fake poison pill to the deal, he's Charlotte;s and there's nothing that Minny could do about it. 

So who here is content with the 4th overall pick coming off the bench to add an extra defensive liability to the starting lineup that was the worst defensive team in the league last season? Anyone???

Minny can only match offers on Pekovic up to a certain level, if you add a fake poison pill to the deal, he's Charlotte;s and there's nothing that Minny could do about it.

No to the first question.

Love to have Pek or Jefferson. I'm not going to even nitpick.

No to the first question.

Love to have Pek or Jefferson. I'm not going to even nitpick.

My first question was if you wanted to sign Jefferson or not, because him and Zeller playing at the same time is bad news waiting to happen. So if Jefferson is here, those two have to be separated as much as possible court time wise.

Hence is Jefferson worth being even worse on defense and having the 4th overall pick coming off the bench.  We are talking about the worst defensive team in the NBA already with better defenders playing then Zeller and Jefferson. MKG can't cover for both of them and if Biz isn't starting then the team has no defensive low post presence at all. It's just not feasible at all to start both Zeller and Jefferson. 

So since you said no to the first question, you're also against Jefferson being signed to whats likely a max level deal. 

Archived