• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guard depth (sweet mother of Moses)

SCP

And lets try to remember that the best o-lineman we have was sidelined all of last year. Kalil is extremely important to the continuity of that line. With Kalil back at center a second year vet at LG, Gross being more comfortable with what he's doing, not trying to help so much, and Bell being another year in, we may just be able to stick the freakishly athletic Kugbilla in and do well.

I'm not as bullish on Kugbila starting this year. But then again I'm just a sales guy with bad knees that enjoys pooping 4-5 times a day.

I'm not as bullish on Kugbila starting this year. But then again I'm just a sales guy with bad knees that enjoys pooping 4-5 times a day.

2 of which are purely recreational. 

Good signs:  We talked to Wharton, so we are shopping.  RGs are not that tough to find when compared to other players,

We are almost $10 million under the cap. 

Players better than Hangartner will be cut.  Could we be looking for a trade?  Wonder how marketable Beason became?

Have you thought about working some Imodium into your routine, cutting to two poops a day, thus saving your knees?

There is no reason he couldn't play to Amini's level. I certainly don't want to rely on both of those young guys at the same time though.

I think Amini's body was more ready for it. He needed to come in and learn the plays and nuances. I dont think Kugbilla has the conditioning like he did, but we'll see. Its rare man.

Guards are a dime a dozen and can found throughout the preseason.  Here is alink with a bunch of free agent guards unsigned.  When you add in the tackles who could be switched to guard and could do fine, there are still a bunch of guys out there.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/nfl-free-agent-master-list-13?pg=2

Hmm, there's a reasonable chance we could end up with another Tongan. . awesome :ss:

edit: doh, we dont want either of those guys nvm

2 of which are purely recreational.

Good signs: We talked to Wharton, so we are shopping. RGs are not that tough to find when compared to other players,

We are almost $10 million under the cap.

Players better than Hangartner will be cut. Could we be looking for a trade? Wonder how marketable Beason became?

We are now 13 mil below the cap.

There just no way a d2 guy is gonna come in and hold up. His body isnt ready, he doesnt know the playbook yet, never played with the guys before much less anything close to this level. He needs a year to adapt. What Amini did last year is nothing short of beastly and should not be expected of Kugbilla. We need a vet now.

I'm sorry but Amini was garbage last year, albeit improved towards the end.

Archived