• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I saw in the game.

koolkatluke

No Peppers made it much easier on us in more ways than I am prepared to type out.  Now or ever.

That is true but I was still impress with what they did because for the most part everyone was worried because of what we was hearing out of camp. Hopefully they continue to gel and get better so that when the season kicks off they don't look like they did last year in the season opener.

That is true but I was still impress with what they did because for the most part everyone was worried because of what we was hearing out of camp. Hopefully they continue to gel and get better so that when the season kicks off they don't look like they did last year in the season opener.

Yep not hating on them.  They weren't stellar but they did better than i had expected.

Barner is a classic case of I wanna prove everybody wrong right now. He is trying to score on every touch(not a bad thing). He's so determined to make a point, his fundamentals lapse, a la fumble. Once he gets relaxed(next week) you will see a more patient yet explosive runner that will end up being the steal of the draft.

You're welcome.

To me Barner only fumbled once and that was after a good run in itself jimmy botched that handoff anyways

He fumbled on his first carry...

And as others just posted, while the primary blame goes to Jimmy, Barner gets an assist. 

Jim Skipper is probably going to make him carry a football everywhere for the rest of training camp and preseason.

That said, he looked damn impressive and I hope the fumble issues were just first game jitters. My guess is we'll see a lot of Barner in the preseason, so hopefully it doesn't become a trend.

Don't know what Cam was thinking on that pick-6. He was going through his progressions in the first series so well, and appeared very sharp. Oh well, preseason. Cam will get better.

He actually had a man open deeper, something the announcers missed.

My observations, FWIW:

Anderson and his receivers were more disconnected than Jimmy and his. Anderson needs more work with the ones.

Garry Williams did a good job.

Short will be a beast.

The WR competition is not close at the top:  1. Steve, 2. Lafell, 3. Edwards.  Then you have a logjam. Ginn will make the team, but nobody else has solidified a spot.

If Gano continues to be as accurate as he has been lately--oh my.

Bell played a lot of LT late in the game.  I figured three possibilities:  If Gross is injured, he needs the conditioning, he needs the agility work with his feet.  Regardless, he sucked.  I started thinking, "Next year, they want to play Kugbila at RG, Williams at RT, and Bell at LT--if Gross retires.  I hope not.

Overall, our weaknesses (DBs and OL) did well.  but the bears had starters on the bench (marshall. peppers).  I still do not know why we cannot stop the slant, but the first OL looked decent.

Norman got lucky on the second pick--just a bad ball.  Dockery actually played well.  So did 40 (russell) -- do not be surprised if he makes the team.

I did not see much from Cole (1 tackle though) but he did not get much push vs. the second and third teamers-of course, he is a run stopper.

Our Safeties were not in the picture much.  THat could be good.

Brandon Williams will make the team.  Already better than Barnidge.

All 5 draft picks will make the team and contribute,with Kugbila the only question mark for this season (contrtibuting).

Archived