• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believe Derek Anderson gets cut

Ruff

It makes no sense to carry 3 QB's when you have Armanti Edwards on the team! :wacko:

Despite your sarcasm, this is actually true.

Most teams don't roll with three QB's. You have two on your roster and somebody on the team who could play emergency QB in the rare instance both QB's go down. If that were to happen they would sign a FA QB after the game and/or promote a QB from the practice squad if available.

If they are going to cut him, I'd prefer if they shopped him to a few of the currently QB starved teams, even if they only get some scrub whom we end up cutting next year, at least they get something in return that might turn into something worthwhile. 

Nobody is clamoring for Jimmy Clausen. We're clamoring to get rid of the underperforming dead weight on this team at every position, and at the QB position, Anderson has performed the worst this offseason.

Agreed but does anyone no the cap savings for cutting DA vs Clausen? We are not the GM but it would help me determine who is the keeper.

Agreed but does anyone no the cap savings for cutting DA vs Clausen? We are not the GM but it would help me determine who is the keeper.

DA is signed 1 year at vet minimum (880k I think). Clausen is on the last year of his 5 year 3 mil contract, so he's probably making about 940k. I'm not at all sure how dead money and guaranteed money and all that stuff work, but I think cutting Clausen would still cost 897k.

DA is signed 1 year at vet minimum (880k I think). Clausen is on the last year of his 5 year 3 mil contract, so he's probably making about 940k. I'm not at all sure how dead money and guaranteed money and all that stuff work, but I think cutting Clausen would still cost 897k.

Since you asked I looked it up.

We all knew clausens contract was 95% guaranteed, but wow, it looks like all of Derek Anderson's contract is base salary, meaning no guaranteed money from what I see.

So we could hypothetically cut jimmy and save nothing or cut DA and save 800k.

Since you asked I looked it up.

We all knew clausens contract was 95% guaranteed, but wow, it looks like all of Derek Anderson's contract is base salary, meaning no guaranteed money from what I see.

So we could hypothetically cut jimmy and save nothing or cut DA and save 800k.

Hmmmm.... That makes cut day interesting. Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if we went either way. 800k would go a heck of a way in getting Cam some much needed guard protection. It could also open up the receivers if we got a guard that could open some holes. Defenses would have to respect the play action and read option that much more.

Hmmmm.... That makes cut day interesting. Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if we went either way. 800k would go a heck of a way in getting Cam some much needed guard protection. It could also open up the receivers if we got a guard that could open some holes. Defenses would have to respect the play action and read option that much more.

Yup. And also his stats don't show it, but clausen looks really good so far. DA has looked horrible.

Archived