• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Big men allow you to compete,"--Dave Gettlemen

MHS831

Guys. Realize that we did not have 14 draft picks this past April, in fact, we were short a pick or two.

I think for sure, Star, Short, Barner, and Klein will be keepers for a good while. A great haul for the little firepower we had.

It will NOT be fixed after one draft, especially with the "no help if we cut them" contracts that everyone in Panther land seemed to have signed. Next draft will be a mix as I think this offseason will see DWill or Stewart or both leave. No room or need in the NFL for multimillion dollar RB's. Money better spent on guys who can open holes for any RB out there.

I expect our cap to be much better next season also and for a 4 year Guard to be picked up after having proven himself.

Tackle would be my first draft pick if there is value at wherever we pick. Maybe two since Gross is getting up there.

Personally, I'm not worried. The offensive line isn't going to remain as is, whether we sign someone like Jamaal Brown, Locklear, or Jared Gaither (who I understand aren't perfect but they certainly can compete with Byron Bell) and even a RG like Travelle or Bobbie Williams? Maybe Gettleman is seeing what cards he has in his deck before he opts for new ones. I don't think Garry and Byron starting are ideal, but who knows what's gonna happen. We could do anything at this point, I'm going to wait and see our final product before I get shaky. Gettleman's a smart man and great talent evaluator... I loved the draft he put together and the way he's helped build those super bowl winning teams in NY. Confidence.

I think they wait to bring in Wharton after the first game, so they don't have to guarantee his salary.

The only way I see a trade is if the player comes with a reasonable salary.

IMO.

Brought him in earlier than you thought.  He must be afraid that other folks were interested and needed to bring in some depth and contributors.. 

Brought him in earlier than you thought. He must be afraid that other folks were interested and needed to bring in some depth and contributors..

I'm not worried about being wrong about the timing. Glad they inked him. He's going to help the right side more than most think.

Archived