• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney will be on 730AM ESPN Radio this afternoon at 5:20

SCP

Did you watch Cordarrelle Patterson this preseason? He has the ability to get to a thousand off of nearly talent alone. He's not as imposing as Dez Bryant(who you also didn't think was any good until late last season) but he can be a more versatile, quicker Julio jones who had 1,000 yards last season.

Just an observation based off of observation. Talent evaluators can't always use numbers to substantiate their claims and this is one of those cases. You put on the film and you see what's possible if you put the ball in his hands. Don't give me the whole what if he doesn't fit or make it in our system, make him fit. Like the Redskins overhaul of their offense for Robert and the Saints Darren Sproles. Hopefully we don't lose sight of that for Cam.

I was talking about the fact you said our offense wasn't complex. And I saw Patterson. . .in the preseason. He looked good, but I want to see how consistent he can be in his route-running, which is the #1 thing I look for in a receiver. Physical talent means nothing without good routes, which is why I didn't care for Dez Bryant, because the Cowboys had to accommodate his poor route running and the way he left Romo out to dry by not being where the ball was. A receiver like that can get you yards and TDs. . .and turnovers.

As a businessman and as a person he is great.

From a fans perspective As a NFL owner he is hot garbage.

How many other businesses are out there that no matter how bad your product is your customers will get penalized financially if they think about not renewing their subscription or seats. Then after his business has grown from $250 to over 1Billion make a passive aggressive that about moving the team.

Oh and Give the loyal fans a crap product for 75% of you're teams existence and line your pockets with their money but don't take bad contracts on the chin because it hurts your stock holders shares.

It's a heck of a business model

I don't think we gave had a crap product for the most part. And I do think JR wants to win and is serious about winning. Unfortunately it hasn't materialized the way he has wanted it to, but that doesn't mean he is purposely undermining the team and forfeiting competitiveness for profits.

The only year you could even remotely make that claim was 2010, but actually people were quite excited about the prospects of that season beforehand. Only after do we look at with the benefit of hindsight.

Someone made the comment about how bad the Panthers have been after 18 years in the league. So I thought I would look at a couple other teams and see how they preformed in their 1st 18 seasons.

So I thought it would be fun to have some trivia. See if you can guess what team's records are listed below. (based on the franshise's 1st 18 seasons)

Team 1: Winning % .352, conference championships 0, division titles 0, playoff appearances 1, winning seasons 4.

Team 2: Winning % .398, conference championships 0, division titles 1, playoff appearances 3, winning seasons 5.

Team 3: Winning % .458, conference championships 1, division titles 3, playoff appearances 4, winning seasons 4.

I'll post the answers sometime tomorrow.

Make sure to control for the salary cap! (You won't)

I was talking about the fact you said our offense wasn't complex. And I saw Patterson. . .in the preseason. He looked good, but I want to see how consistent he can be in his route-running, which is the #1 thing I look for in a receiver. Physical talent means nothing without good routes, which is why I didn't care for Dez Bryant, because the Cowboys had to accommodate his poor route running and the way he left Romo out to dry by not being where the ball was. A receiver like that can get you yards and TDs. . .and turnovers.

Bryant will be good once he gets all that down though. Michael Irvin and Terrell Owens good(on the field) . I think Patterson and Jennings will be the best receiver combo the Vikings have had since Chris carter and Randy Moss. Not saying that they could hold Chris or Randy's jock but they still could be formidable depending on Pattersons development. I think the Vikings could pull some of the Pats play book and use Cassel better than the Vikings can use ponder.

As a businessman and as a person he is great.

From a fans perspective As a NFL owner he is hot garbage.

How many other businesses are out there that no matter how bad your product is your customers will get penalized financially if they think about not renewing their subscription or seats. Then after his business has grown from $250 to over 1Billion make a passive aggressive that about moving the team.

Oh and Give the loyal fans a crap product for 75% of you're teams existence and line your pockets with their money but don't take bad contracts on the chin because it hurts your stock holders shares.

It's a heck of a business model

any business where demands exceed expectations constantly. As new ways to access media gets easier and faster so will their demands increase further.

and Panthro please take some time to think about this. . .Happiness is relative, no matter how much money you have. What kind of man is it that constantly seeks more and more for those around him?

Someone who gives a damn and someone that is trying to succeed. Richardson was a rookie too once, a rookie NFL owner. I dont know what kind of politics and hand shaking and all kinds of other bullshit he went through to get there but he got there. . . and just like Chico he struggled and had a little success.

Can a man learn from his mistakes? Garbage you said. He hired DG so lets not go overboard with Homey over there.

any business where demands exceed expectations constantly. As new ways to access media gets easier and faster so will their demands increase further.

and Panthro please take some time to think about this. . .Happiness is relative, no matter how much money you have. What kind of man is it that constantly seeks more and more for those around him?

Someone who gives a damn and someone that is trying to succeed. Richardson was a rookie too once, a rookie NFL owner. I dont know what kind of politics and hand shaking and all kinds of other bullshit he went through to get there but he got there. . . and just like Chico he struggled and had a little success.

Can a man learn from his mistakes? Garbage you said. He hired DG so lets not go overboard with Homey over there.

Wat

Archived