• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Football Outsider has Panthers rated 6th best team in NFL

SCP

12-4

All the bad luck, unlucky bounces, poor play calling,  bad clock management,  untimely drops,  overthrows, and mind numbing fumbles are about to end.   It all evens out.  Just like all the bad years prior to 2003,   then all of a sudden we get all the breaks.    There is not one team on the schedule that I feel we can't beat.  Matter of fact there is probably only 2 that would beat us if we both played our best games.

This kind of analysis is encouraging, especially when you consider the Football Outsiders has our defense ranking 3rd in the league (I think it is suspect though if it has to do with yards allowed, maybe we will be better on points allowed).  If they play like the team that beat down the Ravens, then these projections will prove prophetic.

Right here toward the very beginning of the season, I am starting to see a few media outlets tout us as a sleeper.  The last time that happened was 10 years ago.  Coming off a 7-9 season with John Fox, the Panthers were the surprise pick to make a playoff push.  Went all the way to the Superbowl.  Not saying we will this year...just saying...I am getting some of the same vibes...

Exciting!

Man, that projection would have us playing a pretty epic journey as the 4th division winner.

First up would be the 49ers as the first wild card followed by GB as the 1st seed bye.  Then we'd face the winner of WAS vs. SEA (assuming the Taints lose to WAS). 

So our route to THIS hypothetical Super Bowl would put us up against Kaepernick, then Rodgers, followed by either RGIII or Wilson .  If our team (Cam to the MSM/press) ran that table, wow.  That'd be some epic crow eating.

But, it won't be anything like that I'm sure, although I do like FO stuff typically.

Ha, well they predicted the Saints to have the worst defense in the NFL in 2012.  Hell, their 2012 predictions really weren't that bad.  I mean some stick out like a sore thumb like the Jets (but who expected that big of an implosion?) and the Colts, Seahawks, and Redskins pretty much came out of nowhere and were impossible to predict anything for.

Archived