• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Grades - Seahawks at Panthers

Zod

No way the defense gets a A, the front seven maybe. Two many miscues in the secondary, for that high of a grade.

No way the defense gets a A, the front seven maybe. Two many miscues in the secondary, for that high of a grade.

I agree. They gave up the game winning touchdown and let the Seahawks run out the clock. I would give them a B maybe (B+)

The small stuff cost us the game.  Overall grade on D is too high.  Front 7...ok, but secondary sucked.  I suspect you just want to blame the loss on Shula.

Agreed. 

The Panther D under Rivera, has an annoying habit of having overall good statistics, while they (usually the secondary) can't hold teams when they need to, sealing the win. It can be very annoying. 

I think this is because Rivera and his coaches, doesn't know how to make proper 2nd half adjustments. 

Agreed. 

The Panther D under Rivera, has an annoying habit of having overall good statistics, while they (usually the secondary) can't hold teams when they need to, sealing the win. It can be very annoying. 

If you think allowing only 12 points is a meaningless statistic... well... I can't help you,.

As a whole, did the defense help or hurt our chances today?

Helped and hurt.

The run defense was awesome. Pressure? Great.

The pass defense left much to be desired, the same as it has for the past couple of seasons.

I'd say a C on defense is fair.

As a whole, did the defense help or hurt our chances today?

Russell Wilson...25 of 33 for 320 yds.  You tell me.

Just saying...you can spin this how you want.  Front 7 was very good.  The rest of the D was noodle like.  Would that have been enough if Olsen did not end drives with drops and DWill not fumble?  Yes.  But, did not change the fact the pass coverage sucked.

If you think allowing only 12 points is a meaningless statistic... well... I can't help you,.

I never said "meaningless". You said that. I said "overall good statistics". But for some reason, the Panther D can never hold a team in the second half when they need to. That was my point. It's more ironic, interesting, than anything. 

On the converse, I've seen sucky defenses like Indiana's last year, who will play a porous, unimpressive game to be sure. However, once the Colts got the lead late, they were able to secure it for the win.