• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

shula responds to criticism

nosuchthingasapanther

Joe Person @josephperson 5h

#Panthers OC Mike Shula responds to criticism he was too conservative vs. SEA, says he'll do what it takes to win. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/09/4300788/ron-rivera-carolina-panthers-passing.html 

“This system is a system that does that a lot. But just because you have a system that does that doesn’t mean you have to force the ball down the field,” Shula said Monday. “I really thought Cam did a nice job on a lot of decisions he made. There’s some things we looked at that, yeah, we had some opportunities. We think we’ll get better in that regard. But you don’t want to just all of a sudden say, ‘Hey, we’ve got to throw the ball down the field.’”

Shula said the Seahawks played a lot of deep zone coverages, particularly on third downs, forcing Newton to settle for underneath receivers.

from the same article, greg olsen...

“When you look back, it’s easy to second-guess everything. I thought our plan was good,” Olsen said. “I thought we had them on their heels at different times. We made critical errors. And that’s not the plays, that’s the guys running them. Between the drops on third down and penalties or turnovers, it’s hard to beat a good team when you do that.”

I don't anyone has said "Hey we just have to throw the ball down field."

The offense looked decent in the first half. Once Seattle made half time adjustments, we were shut down. This has been happening to Shula his entire career.

Hopefully we figure something out.

"Shula said the Seahawks played a lot of deep zone coverages, particularly on third downs, forcing Newton to settle for underneath receivers."

"We made critical errors. And that’s not the plays, that’s the guys running them"

oh boy. the couch-GMs of the Carolina Huddle aren't going to be happy to hear this :)

"Shula said the Seahawks played a lot of deep zone coverages, particularly on third downs, forcing Newton to settle for underneath receivers."

"We made critical errors. And that’s not the plays, that’s the guys running them"

oh boy. the couch-GMs of the Carolina Huddle aren't going to be happy to hear this :)

You mean the players didn't throw the coaches under the bus?

Shocking.

So he is saying their defense played better than our offense. That's encouraging. I'm tired of this "we think we'll get better." bs. It's been three damned years!

Exactly dude. For ONCE I'd like to hear an opposing team make the excuses after we beat that ass.

If the seahawks are playing deep zones then Olsen should have been eating them up over the middle medium. 125 yards passing is sad no matter what defense is in there.

too much logic.

Here, I will write 1000 words on why 7 points is actually awesome.

Archived