• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

shula responds to criticism

nosuchthingasapanther

...pretty sure they were referring specifically to our game on Sunday and looking over that film and deciding that the offense was too conservative for a multitude of reasons.

Why do you think they watch film Einstein, to bitch and moan about last week or to figure out what to do next week.  And yes it was too conservative last week but for the 50th time, it wasn't the gameplan to be that conservative, it was Cam taking what they gave him and reluctance to throw it deep although the routes were there.  Olsen and cam both said the gameplan was fine and it was player execution and bot seeing receivers deep.  But lets ignore that coming from the players themselves and keep blaming the coached because that fits into the box you have already created and won't give up.

I  thought the 24 hours was over.  Why are you still looking back and complaining??

Why do you think they watch film Einstein, to bitch and moan about last week or to figure out what to do next week.  And yes it was too conservative last week but for the 50th time, it wasn't the gameplan to be that conservative, it was Cam taking what they gave him and reluctance to throw it deep although the routes were there.  Olsen and cam both said the gameplan was fine and it was player execution and bot seeing receivers deep.  But lets ignore that coming from the players themselves and keep blaming the coached because that fits into the box you have already created and won't give up.

I  thought the 24 hours was over.  Why are you still looking back and complaining??

since you seem to have trouble with this, let me break it down for you.

It's a grim statistic, and one day later, Panthers coach Ron Rivera was asked a question that had an obvious answer: Is Carolina's approach too conservative?

"Yes it is," Rivera replied at a news conference Monday. "In the inverse, there were a few that were dropped that would have been longer. So there are some things that need to be looked at on both sides in terms of getting the ball vertical.

Players didn't execute.  Coaches called a conservative game.  Whether it was too conservative or not, depends on the person.  Rivera seems to think it was - though obviously you think he's lying about that, or something.   The "Both sides" is referring both to player execution and coaching.

The entire fuging reason we're posting about this is because we want the offense to be less conservative in the future.  Luckily, Rivera agrees.  In contrast to what you are saying, he has indicated it is not just on the players.

since you seem to have trouble with this, let me break it down for you.

Players didn't execute.  Coaches called a conservative game.  Whether it was too conservative or not, depends on the person.  Rivera seems to think it was - though obviously you think he's lying about that, or something.   The "Both sides" is referring both to player execution and coaching.

The entire fuging reason we're posting about this is because we want the offense to be less conservative in the future.  Luckily, Rivera agrees.  In contrast to what you are saying, he has indicated it is not just on the players.

But the reason he thinks it was conservative and the reason you do are different.  He knows that the gameplan was fine and so do the players. He knows that cam was the reason it was conservative and he is fine with that since it was Seattle.  He also knows that Buffalo doesn't have the defense that Seattle does so he needs to be more vertical. He intends to do that by helping cam watch film and practice all week.

Show me one place where he has said the gameplan specifically was too conservative. Saying both sides is Rivera's way of deflecting criticism from the players and taking the blame himself which he always does. You are taking 1 sentence and trying to make it fit your agenda. I have 2 players  Cam and Olsen specifically saying the game plan was fine and that player execution was the problem  Believe what you want I prefer to believe what the players say since they have no reason to blame themselves unless it was true. 

Can we move on to next week?  I know I am so keep arguing with yourself. 

The Panthers offense reminds me of the offense for my Oakland A's. the A's don't have a bunch of high average hitters that are going to bat through the lineup in an inning and score 4 runs on 6 hits. They walk, get a base hit, then hit home runs.

That's what the Panthers need to get back to. Methodical drives that get 3 or 4 first downs followed by a punt or field goal isn't really this teams formula for success. We need to have those home run type plays or the points aren't gonna come IMHO.

We need to be able to score whether it's long drives or short, fast or protracted. 

If the offense was successfully moving the ball, the coaching staff would be considered geniuses.

There either had to be some downfield receivers open, or we need to try different receivers.

You can win few games by dinking and dunking.  125 yards.  125 yards is not enough.

Put in Anderson or Edwards if you have to, but 125 yards will normally never be enough, even if our D plays great.

Archived