• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This franchise is gutless

unicar15

From the owner down to the coach this franchise has zero sack. It's evident when JR hires a coach on the cheap that had been passed over countless times but is a popular name for some reason? It's evident when JR keeps a worthless GM 2-3 years too long bc they are "buddies." It's evident when the new coach continuously tries to squeak out close games by trying to get a last possession defensive stop instead of allowing his superstar to throw the ball into the endzone with a chance to ice the game in which we already have a damn lead. It's evident when that coach hugs and consoles his running back after fumbling and losing a game where we had the W. Finally....it will again be evident when JR allows Rivera to keep his job with a 2-14 record in close games and a 13-21 record overall. He will sit in his press box, eat his bojangles, and watch yet another crap season of football unfold despite having all the talent necessary to win in this division.

For heart-stealer Jerry, it is all, and always will be, about the league, just look at midfield for proof, no other teams do it except for the Meadowlands.

I really wish there was some way the group holding 47% of the ownership could boot his sorry self-righteous ass to the curb.

Rivera was likely hired in order for yet again, the league to look good with another minority hire, to hell with whether or not he could coach or win games.  Rivera is a decent person, and I admire him and his wife's work with the Humane Society of Charlotte, he just isn't head coach material, period.  A younger version of Wade Phillips.

When you fail to sign Tony Dungy and he is available, then ask "Who is Jim Harbaugh?" after hiring Ron Rivera, it is safe to say that you know exactly dick about hiring NFL head coaches.

1) Tony Dungy has made it clear he is done with coaching. 

2) Who actually believes that Jim Harbaugh wanted to be our head coach even if it the position would've been offered.

1) Tony Dungy has made it clear he is done with coaching. 

2) Who actually believes that Jim Harbaugh wanted to be our head coach even if it the position would've been offered.

1) The Dungy opportunity was years ago

2) The fact he didn't even know who Jim Harbaugh was (supposedly, I think it was just arrogance) says more about his research in the head coach hiring process than anything. Even if he didn't want the job, we didn't even show interest. Failure as an owner in my book.

Archived