• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone with an iPhone or iPad

Big A

Started the download on ipad connected to wifi when I posted this. After 15 minutes to download it said "preparing to install" for a few minutes and I thought it was stuck since it took so much less time in past so I powered it off and back on and restarted. now download is taking a lot longer as I imagine more people are downloading.

My iPhone already downloaded and is about 5 minutes with the preparing to install message.

Still on preparing to update on iPhone after 10+ minutes past download and ipad is saying 1 hour to finish download.

Looks like I'm not only one

There have been widespread complaints from Apple users about the latest software for iPhones and iPads amid lengthy delays in downloading the new features.

Customers took to Twitter to complain about problems in downloading iOS 7 on to their mobile devices after the update came online at 6pm BST.

The new operating system overhauls the look of iPhones and iPads and brings in a number of new navigation features – the biggest change in the look of the software since the iPhone was launched in 2007.

Some users claimed the download – which required a Wi-Fi signal – was taking a number of hours to complete.

"iOS8 will be available by time iOS7 finish updating," said one user, DJ Melo. Elle Lake (lizzylake) said: "43 minutes remaining to download iOS 7.0 but now 10 minutes later there is an error, and I have to upload it again with another 2 hour wait".

My iPhone is breezing thru so far...3 minutes left

My iPhone did the download in about 10 minutes, but it's been reading Preparing Update for about 20 minutes, started with blue line around 90% point and currently about 99% point.

Ok, got the Install Now message, so now it's all on phone side so should be quick. So about 30 minutes total to get to install on iPhone, still dowmloading on ipad.

My iPhone did the download in about 10 minutes, but it's been reading Preparing Update for about 20 minutes, started with blue line around 90% point and currently about 99% point.

Ok, got the Install Now message, so now it's all on phone side so should be quick. So about 30 minutes total to get to install on iPhone, still dowmloading on ipad.

Yep I'm stuck at that 90% point

As I suspected should not have done it... Feels weird

Both ipad and iPhone completed. Can't remember my iCloud password which it asks for after you install update during setup, but even though I skipped that, it maintained my saved password when I went to settings.

Now I. Need to get used to all the new things and how different it looks.

Archived