• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Behind Enemy Lines - New York Giants

Zod

Here are some of the more interesting tidbits about the NY Giants this week...

Giants will try to run the ball against Carolina

“I feel like we’ve just been one block away or six of the guys are doing a great job and one guy is maybe missing,” Manning said. “We’re very close to getting that back on the roll and obviously you’re playing against good defenses. I think we are close on a lot of them and we’ll get that going.”

Jacobs says the team took the first step toward fixing the running game with a physical practice on Wednesday.

“We have a good line, no question about it,” Jacobs said. “We have some talented guys up there, young guys up there. We have good backs, we have a mastermind behind it all. We have to put forth our best foot and run with it.

“It’s not going to be easy but we can’t lie down and run from the challenge. We have to answer the challenge and meet it halfway.” more...

Former first round draft pick has struggled this season as a feature back. His two fumbles in Dallas and his 36 total yards this season are tell tale stats. Ron Rivera remarked that he believes the Giants will try to run the ball against Carolina, and he may be right, at least initially. Look for the Giants to try to establish a ground game in the first quarter and test the Carolina Panthers defense.

The Giants are very healthy

"I hope it helps. I hope it pays off," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said. "This is what you're after. You'd like to be able to have a full menu every week. This may be a week where, God willing, we have a good week of practice, everyone stays on their feet without getting in any trouble in that regard and perhaps we'll have some good choices to make at the end of the week." ...more

Carolina has had to bring in new starters to the roster on defense due to injuries, while the Giants look like the healthiest team in football. Not exactly a great sign for Sunday's game.

Tom Coughlin not taking Carolina lightly, but it seems the NY Press is...

“Carolina is sixth in rushing . . . They do not beat themselves. . . . They have an outstanding kicker . . .”

On it went like this, as if the Giants will be facing an elite opponent again this weekend, as if nothing else in the world mattered one bit more than containing Cam Newton. And then when Coughlin was asked politely enough why he kept Eli Manning in the game last Sunday, through those final hopeless minutes against Denver, he bristled.

“Go score a touchdown, you’re trying to win a game,” Coughlin said. “I don't know what you’re asking me. What do you want me to do? You want me to take him off the field?”

...more

Coughlin lost his younger brother in a freak accident yesterday, but appears to be focused on the game more than ever. This emotional loss could translate into his players showing their support by giving it everything they have got on the field Sunday. The Panthers had better be prepared for nothing less than the Giants have to offer....

“We’re all family here,” said safety Antrel Rolle. “If coach has a loss, we all deal with it. We’re here for him. Our condolences go out to coach and the rest of his family. There’s no better time than now to go get a win and lift his spirits up as well as ours.”

Click here to view the article

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23718173/giants-coach-tom-coughlins-brother-dies-unexpectedly

Link to what happened to Coughlin's brother. 

Said he attended Broncos/NYG game and took a cab back home. Tripped and hit his head which caused substantial bleeding and his death. I wonder if he had been drinking heavily? sad though RIP

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23718173/giants-coach-tom-coughlins-brother-dies-unexpectedly

Link to what happened to Coughlin's brother.

Said he attended Broncos/NYG game and took a cab back home. Tripped and hit his head which caused substantial bleeding and his death. I wonder if he had been drinking heavily? sad though RIP

Wow that is sad. You never know. Enjoy every day.