• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What exactly is a Franchise QB?

carolinanimal

This phrase gets tossed around a lot. But i have yet to see a real definition of what this really is. 

Is it about skills? is it about wins?   

is it a player like RGIII, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick? or is it Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning? 

What is your definition of a franchise qb? 

I think for better or worse a franchise qb is the player sufficient enough to stop looking for a replacement and fill the position. They may not be hall of famers or Super Bowl champions on their own but he's good enough to win games and good enough that someone thinks they can build around him. I think jay cutler is a franchise qb but I doubt he'll be remembered for anything special.

This phrase gets tossed around a lot. But i have yet to see a real definition of what this really is. 

Is it about skills? is it about wins?   

is it a player like RGIII, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick? or is it Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning? 

What is your definition of a franchise qb? 

you don't need to define it.............you'll know when you see one.

Not to poo on your thread bro but you have just created another 10 page thread on what Cam is or isn't. At this rate Cam needs his own damn section on the Huddle.

everything in here turns into some discussion about cam. we could be talking about the defense and he will come up. i hope it doesnt turn into that. i want people to discuss the topic minus cam. 

Let me put it this way.

If you think a guy averaging more than 30 total TDs over his first two years isn't one, you are probably never going to have one.

It's like relationships man you can move on from woman to woman looking for the "one", but at some point you'll realize it's not the woman that's the problem.

Franchise QB: a single player that can perform several duties necessary to become a great QB, have skills that are above average, be able to lead the men around him, be able to instill a trust within not only the team but the staff the front office and the fans, be able to motivate, rally and uplift his teammates. Be able to absorb all blame and praise in the same fashion and be cool under pressure.

That would be my definition of a franchise QB.

See: Cam Newton

i believe that too,   

But i am looking more for whats peoples opinion on what makes a franchise qb. 

my opinion is that there really is not a true definition of a franchise qb. hopefully in this thread you will see a range of opinions which will showcase that. i think that when you have a qb you truly trust and believe then that becomes your "franchise qb"

Franchise QB: a single player that can perform several duties necessary to become a great QB, have skills that are above average, be able to lead the men around him, be able to instill a trust within not only the team but the staff the front office and the fans, be able to motivate, rally and uplift his teammates. Be able to absorb all blame and praise in the same fashion and be cool under pressure.

That would be my definition of a franchise QB.

thanks. thats a good definition. 

Don't think there is such a thing until the guy has been in the league for 3 yrs.

RGIII  no

Luck  no

Cam  no

Kap   no

Once you see these guys get their second contract, you will know whether their GM's think they are a franchise QB

Wilson might be the first one to make it, possibly followed by Luck, ginger Bengal, and one dark horse might be Tannehill.

Second wave might be Kap and Cam, if they can follow former success

But again, I don't see any of them there just yet

Archived