• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting Defensive - Arizona Cardinals

Zod

With our running game resurging, I feel we'll manage to put up a respectable 24 points. I'm not convinced their defense is good enough to stop us in this area. As far as their offense is concerned, Carson Palmer is a decent QB, but I think he's going to get shaken up early by who other then the Kraken, and will struggle. I'm predicting when win this game convincenly: 24-13

If AZ hasn't proven to have a good rush D.....we haven't proven to have a good rush attack.

I see our rush getting bottled up or contained. Running for the sake of running to keep the play action respected IMO.

Defense IMO will need to win this game. AZ likely saying the same. Tougher game IMO than most are expecting

• Pie 1

They have a good run D. They shut down Reggie Bush who is otherwise having a prolific year. Same with Doug Martin who was having a good year until only getting 45 yards on 27 carries.

Yep, they are a big part iof why there opponents don't rank well in the rush rankings despite good rush games against other teams.

We also have played some weaker rush D's which aids our rankings.

A Seattle type gameplan IMO wins it. If the D shows up. We don't want to give there DBs too many shots to make plays IMO

The whole we can't run because they have the third best rushing defense is often overblown.  The second best run defense , Arizona, gives up 75 yards a game and the 19th best run defense, San Francisco, gives up 109 or 34 more yards.  Even using the yards per attempt metric, Arizona gives up 3.0 yards per attempt and San Francisco gives up 3.5. Not a big deal.

One of the reasons the defenses we played ranked so low was because of us.  After Sunday Arizona will  fall out of the top 5 because of us. They haven't faced a top 15 rushing attack.  Instead they have faced St Louis (32), NO (25), Detroit (21) and Tampa (20) 

• Pie 1

The whole we can't run because they have the third best rushing defense is often overblown. The second best run defense , Arizona, gives up 75 yards a game and the 19th best run defense, San Francisco, gives up 109 or 34 more yards. Even using the yards per attempt metric, Arizona gives up 3.0 yards per attempt and San Francisco gives up 3.5. Not a big deal.

One of the reasons the defenses we played ranked so low was because of us. After Sunday Arizona will fall out of the top 5 because of us. They haven't faced a top 15 rushing attack. Instead they have faced St Louis (32), NO (25), Detroit (21) and Tampa (20)

The Giants, yeah...

The rest, we didn't really impact there rankings

I think we can run enough to keep the play action respected.....which is what we have done in competitive games this year

The Giants, yeah...

The rest, we didn't really impact there rankings

I think we can run enough to keep the play action respected.....which is what we have done in competitive games this year

I will take 3 yards a run and 6.1 yards a pass play which is what they are giving up.  We should win handily.

I will take 3 yards a run and 6.1 yards a pass play which is what they are giving up. We should win handily.

Win handily based on what they are giving up? That doesn't jive.

That is the 2nd best in in ypr allowed in the NFL and a respectable 13th in ypp.

that is good D...not an indicator of a beatdown.

Field position and turnovers will be huge this week IMO

If AZ hasn't proven to have a good rush D.....we haven't proven to have a good rush attack.

I see our rush getting bottled up or contained. Running for the sake of running to keep the play action respected IMO.

Defense IMO will need to win this game. AZ likely saying the same. Tougher game IMO than most are expecting

I believe our defense will greatly help us win this week. However, I'm convinced our offfense is going to be enough to put them at bay. With DW coming back to form, and Cam feeling more confident in the pocket, it'll be a slow process by I see us going into the fourth quarter with a sizable lead. Then again, this is just my mere wishing thinking opinon taking root. As you mentioned, if Arizona can botteled up our run game, then there will definitely be problems. If this is the case,  I'm looking to see Greg Olson having a huge day.