• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great Interview with Mike Mitchell on Panthers.com

TheRumGone

Quick note on Rivera's interview from Monday: Ron was asked if he would choose to go for it on a 4th and short late in the game like the Patriots did against Atlanta Sunday night, to which Rivera said "I think you do (go for it in that situation.)"

Maybe he's coming around on the 4th down issues? Although, the Patriots failed that 4th down conversion due to a fumbled snap . . .

i think he does have the speed and the ball hawking skills.

i agree that him not being named is probably a statement on norman, but i think he's more suited for FS than corner so, imo, he's playing out of position and being a bit misused. i just don't think he's cut out for playing corner, esp. in this system. you put him in a situation where he can use his strengths and limits his liability in man coverage and i think you see him play more like he did in preseason.

he's a good ball hawk/QB spy. i think he does a good job of reading the QB, seeing where he needs to be, and getting there.

Norman is not fast....like at all. Thats why he plays 20 yards off the line. He's never where he needs to be. I don't want him anywhere near my damn football team honestly. His best position is assback.

Quick note on Rivera's interview from Monday: Ron was asked if he would choose to go for it on a 4th and short late in the game like the Patriots did against Atlanta Sunday night, to which Rivera said "I think you do (go for it in that situation.)"

Maybe he's coming around on the 4th down issues? Although, the Patriots failed that 4th down conversion due to a fumbled snap . . .

Could of used that mentality against the damn bills, but I guess progress is what matters most.

Josh is a man to man corner, he is however, NOT a corner that fits in a zone which is all we run

If you told Josh this is your receiver, play the way you see fit... cover him all over the field I think he'll do fine. But picking up on what to run when to run it... being in communication with others he struggles

Archived