• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

did you watch that jets defense last night?

Fiz

Honestly with Rivera helping and the talent he has McDermott had done avg. See Rob Ryan with the Saint if you want to know why I think that. Honestly thats what this whole coaching staff is AVG.

Exactly! I had a thread about our D. Pssttt, we are average at best. Color me unimpressed! It seems our fans don't know what good football looks like any more. Carolina's D does not scare anyone. Our coaches are really bad, really bad.

A major difference is that we have a poo secondary and cant blitz like the Jets.

Have you watched the Saints play this season? Their defense just offers so many complex fronts (like the jets last night). Our so called defensively minded coaches are so focking uncreative. All we do is rush 4 all the time! My god we suck!

Have you watched the Saints play this season? Their defense just offers so many complex fronts (like the jets last night). Our so called defensively minded coaches are so focking uncreative. All we do is rush 4 all the time! My god we suck!

The Saints play a 3-4. The 3-4 is all about that.

You can do the same thing in a 4-3 set. We just choose not too.

We don't generally need to.

We run a Jim Johnson scheme (i.e. a zone blitz out of a 4-3 alignment) but we're generally able to get pressure with just four, allowing us to drop seven into coverage.

When we do blitz, it's often that double A-gap blitz McDermott likes (Johnson did too) because it's very disruptive and hard to defend.

You don't need to play 3-4 before you blitz. We can do zone blitzes etc

Of course we can but comparing to the 3-4 zone blitzing tendendcy is not exactly fair. The 3-4 has more of that naturally built into it based on simple numbers of it's design.

Isn't it funny how much difference a good coach makes. Ryan was given no chance to win or keep his job at the start of the season. I hate to be negative but look at our coach. No one at the beginning of the season would have said that Jets had more talent than the panthers. And still today I don't believe they have more talent. All comes down to coaching

Archived