• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Billick: Don't Mess with Steve Smith

Captroop

So what does 2012 have to do with this year.  Why not go back to 2005 for that matter when they beat us by tripling Smitty.  They took him out of the game there as well.

You are right, if you are bringing up ancient history to make a point, I totally missed it.  I try and stay in the present instead of bringing up previous years to reference now.  I could easily say that Smitty has learned and matured so those tactics won't work now.  Now what do you have???.

go back and read this thread....half your proposed questions are answered in the context of this discussion. 

as far as the one not....we are 6 games into this season, referencing last year isn't ancient history in response to someone claiming it never impacts him

Good day

go back and read this thread....half your proposed questions are answered in the context of this discussion. 

as far as the one not....we are 6 games into this season, referencing last year isn't ancient history in response to someone claiming it never impacts him

Good day

Last year is ancient history given that every year the team is different and players mature as they stay in the league.    And besides we played Seattle in week five last year so being week 6 this year it has been more than a year.  So now what??

Last year is ancient history given that every year the team is different and players mature as they stay in the league.    And besides we played Seattle in week five last year so being week 6 this year it has been more than a year.  So now what??

and again, if you read the context of this discussion....I responded to someone who said it never impacts him.  That of course, references more than 6 games played this year.  Which is why I pointed out you only had go back to his last completed season to find a clear example of it working.  You can track his entire career and find examples of it working

Guys go after 89 b/c you can tick him off.....and it can impact games.  Good and bad.  To deny his emotions don't sometimes get the best of him....is just denial.  He wins more of those head games than he loses sure...

so now what? I think you are just wanting to get into a back and forth.

and again, if you read the context of this discussion....I responded to someone who said it never impacts him.  That of course, references more than 6 games played this year.  Which is why I pointed out you only had go back to his last completed season to find a clear example of it working.  You can track his entire career and find examples of it working

Guys go after 89 b/c you can tick him off.....and it can impact games.  Good and bad.  To deny his emotions don't sometimes get the best of him....is just denial.  He wins more of those head games than he loses sure...

so now what? I think you are just wanting to get into a back and forth.

I thought you were done with the discussion?  Yeah like you ever don't have to get in the last word. If you don't want a back and forth just stop...........................

if you can.........

I disagree that you can tick off Smitty and give you exhibit A which is last Sunday when he avoided penalties and didn't retaliate.  But that is surely less valid than week 5 in 2012 when somehow your analysis says he was taken out of his game.  That is your problem, instead of looking at the facts and then allowing them to inform your opinion, you start with an opinion and try and shape the facts to what you already believe.  So now what??

He's saying that dbs should try to be nice to Steve instead of talking about his wife to get into his head

Actually he was saying that since Sherman got into Fitzgerald head by being nice to him somehow that same logic would apply to Smith and would take him out of his game as if all wide receivers are the same.  It was such a loose and random connection it took me a moment to figure it out.  Barbour did that for years and I don't remember that making a difference.  Double covering might but surely not complementing him.  He will find something to get fired up about in any case.  He always plays with a chip on his shoulder.

I thought you were done with the discussion?  Yeah like you ever don't have to get in the last word. If you don't want a back and forth just stop...........................

if you can.........

I disagree that you can tick off Smitty and give you exhibit A which is last Sunday when he avoided penalties and didn't retaliate.  But that is surely less valid than week 5 in 2012 when somehow your analysis says he was taken out of his game.  That is your problem, instead of looking at the facts and then allowing them to inform your opinion, you start with an opinion and try and shape the facts to what you already believe.  So now what??

Good day sir...I SAID GOOD DAY!

i imagine panthers55 plugging his ears and yelling "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" whenever i read these back and forths

So why would I do that??  Imagine instead me waiting for CRA to try and figure out how to get the last word when I have told him that he always has to do it and can't resist.  And as a Mod he is supposed to show some decorum and model appropriate behavior instead of going back and forth with posters trying to get in the last word as if his honor is at stake.  So he is in a bind if he answers or if he doesn't.

So exactly who would be going LALALA.    Think about it for a moment...................

Archived